• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Keeley style comp

Randalljax

Fractal Fanatic
was playing around last night
And it would be really cool to have a keley comp as pedal3
A lot of the country guys
Brent Mason etc swear by them
Just a simple three knob

Even a FAS version of this to get that specific sound

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I use "Analog Compressor" for Keeley sounds. It works great! Because I play vintage output guitars, I like to boost the level going in by adjusting the output of the input block before it. You can try "Auto Att/Rel", or use the published "classic" Keeley recipes*. Personally, however, I prefer a faster release, in the neighborhood of 75ms or less.

* Attack Time: typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
* Release Time: 80ms for 10dB, 160ms for 20dB, 240ms for 30dB

Last edited:

Randalljax

Fractal Fanatic
I use "Analog Compressor" for Keeley sounds. It works great! Because I play vintage output guitars, I like to boost the level going in by adjusting the output of the input block before it. You can try "Auto Att/Rel", or use the published "classic" Keeley recipes*. Personally, however, I prefer a faster release, in the neighborhood of 75ms or less.

* Attack Time: typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
* Release Time: 80ms for 10dB, 160ms for 20dB, 240ms for 30dB
Thanks Matt
I will try that with the Deluxe tonite

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
I used to have a couple of Keeley comps back in the day, I think they are essentially just a Ross clone, which in itself is basically a Dynacomp variation. Not really much unique stuff has gone on with compressor pedals, other than adding a clean blend knob, or, the stuff like the Cali76 and similar where they got away from the traditional Ross/Dynacomp and used studio type compression but in pedal formats, or chained two comp's in a series for the Slide Rig style

Top Bottom