Randalljax

Axe-Master
was playing around last night
And it would be really cool to have a keley comp as pedal3
A lot of the country guys
Brent Mason etc swear by them
Just a simple three knob

Even a FAS version of this to get that specific sound

I use "Analog Compressor" for Keeley sounds. It works great! Because I play vintage output guitars, I like to boost the level going in by adjusting the output of the input block before it. You can try "Auto Att/Rel", or use the published "classic" Keeley recipes*. Personally, however, I prefer a faster release, in the neighborhood of 75ms or less.

* Attack Time: typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
* Release Time: 80ms for 10dB, 160ms for 20dB, 240ms for 30dB

Last edited:
I use "Analog Compressor" for Keeley sounds. It works great! Because I play vintage output guitars, I like to boost the level going in by adjusting the output of the input block before it. You can try "Auto Att/Rel", or use the published "classic" Keeley recipes*. Personally, however, I prefer a faster release, in the neighborhood of 75ms or less.

* Attack Time: typically 15ms for 10dB, 5ms for 20dB, 3ms for 30dB
* Release Time: 80ms for 10dB, 160ms for 20dB, 240ms for 30dB

Thanks Matt
I will try that with the Deluxe tonite

I used to have a couple of Keeley comps back in the day, I think they are essentially just a Ross clone, which in itself is basically a Dynacomp variation. Not really much unique stuff has gone on with compressor pedals, other than adding a clean blend knob, or, the stuff like the Cali76 and similar where they got away from the traditional Ross/Dynacomp and used studio type compression but in pedal formats, or chained two comp's in a series for the Slide Rig style

Back
Top Bottom