Karen Metal

And then they started shooting at us when we didn’t come running when they decided to pick a global fight with England. You don’t know your history all that well it seems. I will grant that world history is a bit murky for most people from the late 1700‘s to the US Civil War.
"Between 1778 and 1782 the French provided supplies, arms and ammunition, uniforms, and, most importantly, troops and naval support to the beleaguered Continental Army. The French navy transported reinforcements, fought off a British fleet, and protected Washington's forces in Virginia."

HERE is article that points out some of the geopolitics and philosophy as well.

Yes I know my history

Last edited:
I remember back when I was working in a restaurant in 2004, some guy with his family very sternly corrected my read-back of his side order as having ordered “Freedom Fries”. Somebody should Metal that guy.

"Between 1778 and 1782 the French provided supplies, arms and ammunition, uniforms, and, most importantly, troops and naval support to the beleaguered Continental Army. The French navy transported reinforcements, fought off a British fleet, and protected Washington's forces in Virginia."

HERE is article that points out some of the geopolitics and philosophy as well.

Yes I know my history
I'm not talking about our war of independence, I'm talking about the entire 1792-1815 (Anglo-French War, Napoleonic Wars, French Revolution) time frame when we were still trying to put ourselves together, when the Brits came at us again in 1812, and so on.

I prefer Pommes Frites. 🙂
No one doesn't like a good steak frites.

Fucking hell, freedom fries.... the world lost IQ points that week.

The world lost a lot that week....

iu

I'm not talking about our war of independence, I'm talking about the entire 1792-1815 (Anglo-French War, Napoleonic Wars, French Revolution) time frame when we were still trying to put ourselves together, when the Brits came at us again in 1812, and so on.

Well during that time we only fought the French for a short time during the pirate war. The English and French were at war sure. We remained neutral during the French revolution and Napoleonic war. My original post was specifically about how if it weren't for France we probably would have lost the revolutionary war. So I'm still not understanding your "you don't know your history" comment.

Back
Top Bottom