K10, Verve 12mA, LD Systems Mon 121A

merlin17

Power User
Hi!

I have them here right now...

The K10 is LOUD, wow!
The bass extension is impressive, the mids are somewhat nice, the highs are clear.
It's light and has perfect input possibilities.
The EQ switches are not really usable for me.
The LED on the front is nice to have.

The Verve 12mA is a bit less loud than the K10.
The bass extension is rather poor (when compared to the K10) until I dial some in with its bass control, mids are missing to my ears, the highs are impressive and clear but to me a bit exaggerated (hard to dial out with the treble pot).
Weight is ok, but much heavier than the K10.
The EQ is good!
Sound radiation is great due to the coaxial design!

The LD Systems is by far the cheapest.
It's not as loud as the other two but should do the job.
The bass is shy, mids are great, highs are ok.
It's lightweight and coaxial.
It has no EQ!
The connection panel is on the back and not angled, a big straight plate which is REALLY bad if you have it sitting in front of you directly in the reach of the audience...

I already bought the LD for cheap, but I'm going to buy either the K10 or the Verve for a "stereo" setup.
Doing some more tests until I decide, tough call...

A wedge with the connectivity, weight, bass and treble of the K10, the coaxial design, the openness and the EQ of the Verve and the mids of the LD would be perfect...

I bought both the Verve and the K10, they complement each other nicely.
And if my patches sound good on both I shouldn't be too far off the PA. ;-)

merlin17 said:
A wedge with the connectivity, weight, bass and treble of the K10, the coaxial design, the openness and the EQ of the Verve and the mids of the LD would be perfect...

A cool little experiment would be to yank the guts out of the K10 and install then into the Verve.

I purchased LD 121A monitor and tried it out in band rehearsal last Sunday. It's excellent - loud and clear! No bad things to say, really, I didn't even miss the EQ, the sound was there right from the start.

I like the footprint of that LD Systems box...I wish they sold them in the U.S.

I compared the K12 to the Verve, and the Verve had much better low end handling.
I guess I should try a K10 one of these days to see how it competes with the Verve.

BBN, what do you mean by "better low end handling"? My K10 has lots more bass than my Verve 12mA...

I compared the K12 (not K10) to the Verve 12ma.
The K12 could not handle low end palm muting at high volumes. Low volumes, it was fine...but at high volume, it could not produce.
The Verve did a much better job in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom