Just switched over to using Faslink...now all of my MFC settings are gone??

tallcoolone

Inspired
I have been using the phone jack to power and control my MFC-101 V3 but yesterday I routed the XLR to my front panel. Now, it seems to have reset the unit?? Can I get my prev settings back? I'm pretty sure this is the issue but I also just set up my RAC12 as well.

Advice?

Ummm ... did you dial a wrong number? :lol Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

But seriously, I hope that you mean you connected the FASLINK on the rear of the Axe-Fx to the FASLINK connector socket on the MFC-101 and then powered on the Axe-Fx. That you didn't connect an XLR on the rear of the Axe-Fx to the MFC-101's FASLINK socket.
You should not have lost all your MFC-101 settings. Redo your settings - get MFC-Edit - it is much easier to do that way. And then you automatically have a backup of your settings.

Ummm ... did you dial a wrong number? :lol Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

But seriously, I hope that you mean you connected the FASLINK on the rear of the Axe-Fx to the FASLINK connector socket on the MFC-101 and then powered on the Axe-Fx. That you didn't connect an XLR on the rear of the Axe-Fx to the MFC-101's FASLINK socket.
You should not have lost all your MFC-101 settings. Redo your settings - get MFC-Edit - it is much easier to do that way. And then you automatically have a backup of your settings.

I have no idea what MFC Edit is actually, so I need to reszearch. I assume you put that one part in bold because the order of how you do these things is important? I think the AXE was powered on, then I plugged in the Faslink on the AXE to the MFC. Lights went on, but nothing works...

I have no idea what MFC Edit is actually, so I need to reszearch. I assume you put that one part in bold because the order of how you do these things is important? I think the AXE was powered on, then I plugged in the Faslink on the AXE to the MFC. Lights went on, but nothing works...
Turn everything off.
Connect the XLR cable to the appropriate FASLINK sockets on the Axe-Fx and MFC-101
Make sure the wall-wart (transformer) is NOT connected to the MFC-101
Power on the Axe-Fx

Make sure that the MFC-101 is set to FASLINK (Press the EDIT switch on the MFC-101, then the MIDI switch and then select FASLINK)
That should work.

Thanks...I seem to be set to "Faslink" on the MFC, but now I am getting a "AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT" message on the MFC...

Thanks...I seem to be set to "Faslink" on the MFC, but now I am getting a "AXE-FX NAME TIMEOUT" message on the MFC...
If you're connected via FASLINK to the Axe-Fx FASLINK XLR socket then it should work. If not, you should probably open a support ticket with Fractal Audio Systems.
Try another XLR cable first. See if it works with MIDI cables and/or Ethernet (RJ45) cable also. If it doesn't work with any cables at all then there's probably a problem and you can try a Factory Reset of the MFC-101. Hold down Switch #11 and power up the MFC-101.
-G

Back
Top Bottom