Just read a post about AX8 II...real? [answer: no]

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
“AX8 II
  • Single (1) Keystone DSP at 1GHz
  • 2 GB PC1600 DDR3 Memory
  • Same available blocks as AX8 but ability to run more blocks at once (two amps, multiple high res effects, etc.) and a larger grid layout
  • Headphone out
  • USB audio interface
  • Same number of I/O as AX8
  • Same or similar front panel controls (Drive, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treb, Etc.) as AX8
  • Color screen with fonts, etc. from Axe-Fx III
  • Some or most of the additional menu items from Axe-Fx III
  • Color ring foot switch LEDs
  • Release date 2020 Winter NAAM
  • $1799 Retail”
This sounds good but I don’t see it here. Is that official/true?

“AX8 II
  • Single (1) Keystone DSP at 1GHz
  • 2 GB PC1600 DDR3 Memory
  • Same available blocks as AX8 but ability to run more blocks at once (two amps, multiple high res effects, etc.) and a larger grid layout
  • Headphone out
  • USB audio interface
  • Same number of I/O as AX8
  • Same or similar front panel controls (Drive, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treb, Etc.) as AX8
  • Color screen with fonts, etc. from Axe-Fx III
  • Some or most of the additional menu items from Axe-Fx III
  • Color ring foot switch LEDs
  • Release date 2020 Winter NAAM
  • $1799 Retail”
This sounds good but I don’t see it here. Is that official/true?

I posted it. It’s total fiction but I think it ticks all the boxes.

Last edited:
Ha. If it happened I would probably be in. Though, for the most part, I am pleased as punch with the AX8.

no matter what, something always happens "soon" around here. Love the products and the people here on the forum....

Also, they would probably have spelled NAMM correctly :)

I am hoping for an announcement shortly after winter-NAMM. One is allowed to dream right :)

Dual amps would be cool, but nothing else on the list that would make me consider getting another one.

How is no one else dreaming of a polyphonic tuner on the ax8?

Dual amps would be cool, but nothing else on the list that would make me consider getting another one.

How is no one else dreaming of a polyphonic tuner on the ax8?

I love my polytune. If AX8 had a polyphonic tuner, I could maybe remove it from my board, but I must admit it's not a big deal to me. I could also just attach my Polytune clip to the headstock and remove the tuner from the board :p

To me the #1 thing is a completely revamped user interface (on the unit). And then there are several performance features (most of which are already in FC6 and FC12, so there's hope). More CPU power is great, but I usually run out of footswitches before I run out of power, so a pages feature for the footswitches would be more useful for me than more CPU power. Color screen would be a big thing, and menus made so you only ever need the five rotary dials (as I understand it is made on the III) would also help immensely.

I have no desire for a headphone out or USB interface functionality. An SPDIF input would be very nice for re-amping situations.

Figured that would happen,bought an ultra,axe 2 comes out,buy an axe 2 ,the xl comes out ,buy a ax8 :confused:

Back
Top Bottom