Just my 2 cents

redKing

Instead of playing all the same amp models I know in real life I decided to try out some unfamiliar ones. Was going threw a few until I played the Friedman BE.
Holy crap it sounded good. I didn't even have to adjust the settings or do anything else sounded fantastic everything at 5. It has exactly the mid gain sound I've been trying to get from other amps and had to use a lot of tricks. It has some tight ass saturation without any mud and fuzziness and sounds completely record ready, with no need for post production.

Last edited:
They key to the BE is a lot of low cut at the input to the preamp. This is then added back in the power amp via the Depth circuit.

This gives clarity to the bass.

Instead of playing all the same amp models I now in real life I decided to try out some unfamiliar ones. Was going threw a few until I played the Friedman BE.
Holy crap it sounded good. I didn't even have to adjust the settings or do anything else sounded fantastic everything at 5. It has exactly the mid gain sound I've been trying to get from other amps and had to use a lot of tricks. It has some tight ass saturation without any mud and fuzziness and sounds completely record ready, with no need for post production.
Have you tried the TripTik Modern?

I agree the BE is great, try it with one of the new OwnHammer Marshall cabs, flipping amazing.
I'm really digging the Bogner Blue (haven't tested the "modern" one yet. The Über Cab t75 v30 mix from Red Wirez (built in) kicks ass for that amp.
I'm still searching for a really killer pristine clean and working towards a great broken AC30 tone but i will get there, they are in the box for sure.

I'm going to agree with Cliff and partially disagree with others. It sounds awesome by itself straight-up, but is too boomy in a mix without cutting the bass. It probably depends greatly which IR you use, but I turn on bass cut and still turn down the bass to 3, adjust treble ~6-7 and presence ~3-5 to get it to cut in a mix.

Back
Top Bottom