Just in case you don't know what genius sounds like...

Other acceptable links would have been to Cliff's talk at the second Axe-Fest. Just sayin'...

Other acceptable links would have been to Cliff's talk at the second Axe-Fest. Just sayin'...

I was there and I was very impressed with how Cliff described how he worked to understand how the different electrical components in various
amplifiers worked with and against each other to give each amp it's individual tone. Then he would to try and replicate the workings of a circuit in software and not just "cloning" a sound. It was so interesting how in the background you could hear other people wailing on amps in the distance, but in Cliffs chat area, there was dead silence.
So much to learn in so little time. He wasn't there to try and sell you something.
He was explaining how he solved some of the issues he had when trying to emulate the "tone" or "inner workings" of an tube amplifier and some of the tone controls that people should adjust in an effort to change how their virtual amps created tones.
When he started speaking about how he had to build a "inverse homomorphic filter" in software to assist in emulating how part of a tube amps circuit works, I pretty much knew he was setting standards that no one else was trying to attain. It seemed like Cliff was not concerned with what other companies were doing, he was busy creating a new world of his own in an attempt create an unattainable "tone". You could hear in Cliffs voice he wants to make the best he can, and that's all.
No campaigning, comparing, challenging, demoting, degrading, etc, just a chat about how he tries to make the best he can.

It seemed that while I was there a number of people said they had recorded the "Cliff Chat" and were going to transcribe it.
If anyone has an MP3 or has transcribed the chat, please let me/us know where we can find it.

Thanks,
Loopie..

I have an idea. I'll start a thread with a condescending title, it will rile up the unwashed masses, as I both demonstrate my superiority and place my claim on the moral high ground.

AwwSweetatrollthread.png

I just happened upon this link of Paco and thought to myself that others might enjoy and appreciate the maestro. Sorry if you were offended, luke.

I just happened upon this link of Paco and thought to myself that others might enjoy and appreciate the maestro. Sorry if you were offended, luke.

Then you could have just said, "here's a cool Paco YouTube video I came across" and thus avoiding the belittling undercurrent.

Back
Top Bottom