Just how brilliant is the TM block? This brilliant.

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Edit: I was completely off base and should not have posted something until I knew for sure. I'm very sorry about leading people astray.

Since both the user and the reference curves are saved, all you have to do is drop in someone's block, strum some chords in your existing preset to capture a new user curve, and recalculate. The reference curve created by the person sharing the preset remains untouched, and you get to tailor the block to your own preset specs. Convenient for people who don't have access to stem tracks or simply don't want to take the time to play them into the reference grid!

FAS comes through in a huge way, yet again.

Cheers and happy sixing!

Last edited:
I was not aware. You're right - this should broaden the scope of the Preset Exchange as users share their tone matching results.

This feature is awesome. I just tone matched some stems posted on the presets forums and holy shit! I couldn't believe my ears! Now what would really own would be some amp matched presets!

Full ack :) I just thought of more obvious ones like 'mmh how to recreate my older times guitar sounds where i used less crazy awese equip like now to bring it to live and re-record some old trax...'
Well er know how this works now :)

Hell of a block :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?syys1k

There are some tones I used years ago that I can't wait to have back :)
HOURS of fun! They have made the process so easy.
Although I think I was quite tired, it took me a while to realise I had to change the ref to USB :)

Wait. Bummer fest happening here. Reference tones not getting saved with the preset. Only last capture remaining in memory... the processed tone matched section is getting saved... but not the reference.. :-(

Am I, then, completely wrong about this? I've tested it on my own, but maybe it's only working because it is the same machine... :-(

I am hoping i'm doing something wrong, but with some different permutations, the same problem is occurring - at one time only one set of captures is loaded onto memory (i.e. In different tone match patches, only the most recent captures are showing) and a power cycle erases all captures. The tone match profile remains, but that's it. Bummer :( maybe we can put this in the wish list?

The Tone Match block ONLY saves the Match EQ spectrum in the preset. Not the original reference or source spectrums.

The reason it is probably working for you Cooper is the Axe-FX II will not clear out the Tone Match reference buffers until you do a new reference measurement or until you power cycle.

That's what I get for assuming. Sorry to confuse everyone. :-(

I guess now I'll add this to a wish list thread.

For these matches to translate to other users it needs to save the reference spectrum so a match can be made to each persons guitar.

For these matches to translate to other users it needs to save the reference spectrum so a match can be made to each persons guitar.

Yep. Seems so. I was hoping it saved those in the block. But it does not. I'm sure there is a reason for that. Perhaps Cliff or M@ can weigh in.

The only data saved with the preset is the resulting match. There is not enough room in a preset to save the reference and/or local data.

The match data is saved PRIOR to smoothing and amount so those controls are non-destructive.

Back
Top Bottom