Just got my Saffire Pro today...

I just got my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 in the mail today and I wanted to know the best way to hook it up to my Axe Fx? Here is a picture of the unit
Focusrite-Saffire-Pro-24-DSP_5.jpg

Focusrite-Saffire-Pro-24-DSP_4.jpg

The most simple way would probably be AxeFx out 1 XLR to Saffire XLR in (or go with both L and R for stereo).
You can also use 1/4" jacks on AxeFx out 1 into Saffire 1,2,3,4 inputs (1 and 2 are both XLR and 1/4").
Then there is SPDIF connection as well but it locks at 48k.

Muris_Varajic said:
The most simple way would probably be AxeFx out 1 XLR to Saffire XLR in (or go with both L and R for stereo).
You can also use 1/4" jacks on AxeFx out 1 into Saffire 1,2,3,4 inputs (1 and 2 are both XLR and 1/4").
Then there is SPDIF connection as well but it locks at 48k.
Thanks wouldn't going XLR from Axe to XLR on Saffire color the sound since I'm going in a mic pre though?

Apparently Cliff is not so enamored of the s/pdif in general and just put it in for "expectancy"'s sake. People expect it on a unit this price bracket, but it's a bit flaky. Better to just try XLRs and jacks. Can't you bypass the preamps or pad them down?

Looks nice that Saffire. Just like my M-audio Audiophile FW, which I quite like if it didn't have the shitty driver support. And it has the one thing the Audiophile lacks, which is XLR ins with mic pre's.

It looks like you can set the front input XLR for line level. Set it to that and you should be good.

Cool thanks alot guys I read through the manual and you can set the front XLR input to line in the saffire mix control. Now I just gotta wait for my Firewire 400 to 800 cable to hook it up, the wait continues......

Not to beat a dead topic, but how did you make out? I have the same unit. Please LMK what you wound up doing?

Back
Top Bottom