Just got my Mission Engineering SP1-R Pedal and its great!

Secret80'sMan

Experienced
The pedal looks and feels like a real wah and I'm getting the full range sweep that I wasn't getting with my Ernie Ball, yay! :D :D :D

Most of you probably know that James, one of our forum contributors
( lebihanj ) makes these. His site is actually now online if you want to check it out:
http://www.mission-engineering.com

I posted a clip of me controlling my Axe-Fx Ultra's wah with it, check it out in the RECORDINGS section.

Thats great news Secret80'sMan

As soon as I can afford two I'm ordering :D (damn the worthless Krona :evil: , which is my country's currency :( )

Ikarus said:
Thats great news Secret80'sMan

As soon as I can afford two I'm ordering :D (damn the worthless Krona :evil: , which is my country's currency :( )

Ikarus,
I'm sure you'll be happy with the pedals. They really are made well and 100% compatible with the Axe-Fx, James even calibrates the pots with a computer or something!!!

Your currency might suck but you have some of the most beautiful women in Iceland, would love to visit someday. ;)

I have one now and it's replaced my Stilwell Square One expression pedal.

The response curve of this pedal from Mission is almost perfect. MUCH smoother response, just A-1 quality. Looks totally cool too.

I'll do my own review thread after a few shows. First rehearsal with it in about 1/2 hour from now...

Sorry for the dumb question, but I will have no problem running the SP1-R into the expression port of a midi controller such as a Midi Mate, or Ground Control Pro. Correct? I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger. Also, do I need a special cable, or would any instrument cable do the job?

Thanks,
B

Hi,

The SP1-R has two outputs, one for the switch, one for the pedal sweep. If you have a MIDI controller with 2 pedal inputs you are generally OK. The MIDIMate has only one pedal input so you can connect the pedal to there and run a cable back to the Axe for the switch. The GCPro has two pedal inputs so you can connect both the switch and the pedal out to the GCPro. You need stereo TRS 1/4" instrument cables. I'll have Mission TRS cables available for order along with the pedal in the next couple of weeks. You can download the manual from http://www.mission-engineering.com for more info on connection options, or let me know if you have any questions. James.

lebihanj said:
Hi,

The SP1-R has two outputs, one for the switch, one for the pedal sweep. If you have a MIDI controller with 2 pedal inputs you are generally OK. The MIDIMate has only one pedal input so you can connect the pedal to there and run a cable back to the Axe for the switch. The GCPro has two pedal inputs so you can connect both the switch and the pedal out to the GCPro. You need stereo TRS 1/4" instrument cables. I'll have Mission TRS cables available for order along with the pedal in the next couple of weeks. You can download the manual from http://www.mission-engineering.com for more info on connection options, or let me know if you have any questions. James.

Thanks James.....If I place my order, will you be able to ship my pedal with the cable I need? I will go with just the sweep for now, but I wouldn't mind using the switch portion for the tuner on/off if that was something I could configure.

I'm just working on some final details for the cables. There is a 2 -3 week lead time on the pedals at the moment and I should have the cables ready to ship by then also. You can't place orders for the cables just yet, but I'm making a note of those people that place pedal orders that are also interested in cables and will keep you updated via email and on the website at www.mission-engineering.com. James.

lebihanj said:
I'm just working on some final details for the cables. There is a 2 -3 week lead time on the pedals at the moment and I should have the cables ready to ship by then also. You can't place orders for the cables just yet, but I'm making a note of those people that place pedal orders that are also interested in cables and will keep you updated via email and on the website at http://www.mission-engineering.com. James.

Thanks. I just ordered my SP1-R. I am looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom