Just got my Axe FX II XL+ and it ain't good

K2347

All I can get is noise.I can't post a link because I am new here but my user name on youtube is KEN5423 and my newest video is my Fractal one.Very disappointed.

Edit:

Last edited:
Definitely 60 cycle hum. Sounds like maybe you've got a ground loop somewhere. Does it still do it with nothing but headphones and a guitar plugged in?

Unplug the guitar cable from the front of your Axe-Fx. What happens to the noise?

What are you playing it through? Hopefully not the THR! Can you move it away from all your other computer gear and see if you get the bad hum? Also, move it away and just try it with headphones. Need to figure out if it's the AxeFx or something else with your setup.

Tried a dozen cables,balanced,unbalanced.Its plugged into my Furman power conditioner then tried direct into wall socket.Then tried anolog outs into my interface.Headphones same deal.Spent 5 hrs now on it.I plug in my Line 6 and ISP Theta Pro and they work fine.Plug in my Eleven Rack and works fine.Very disappointed.

Did you try it with nothing but headphones and a guitar (no USB, no external amp, no other cables at all)?

I know this kind of thing can be very frustrating, but have no fear. If it is something with the unit itself, Fractal Support is the best in the business. They will without a doubt get you fixed up fast.

Did you try it with nothing but headphones and a guitar (no USB, no external amp, no other cables at all)?

I know this kind of thing can be very frustrating, but have no fear. If it is something with the unit itself, Fractal Support is the best in the business. They will without a doubt get you fixed up fast.
Yes......just headphones and the noise sounded worse in horrific stereo.

Unplug the guitar cable from the front of your Axe-Fx. What happens to the noise?

Has anybody ever had this issue?All my other gear works fine.The Fractal is the only one that gives me all that noise.

Another thing to try is change "Input 1 Left Select" in the I/O menu to "Rear" and plug into the rear panel Input 1 Left jack. If the noise goes away it could be something with the front input circuit.
You can also put an FX Loop block first in the chain and plug into Input 2 Left in the back as well.

Somehow, noise is getting into the front of the unit. You can tell because, the higher the amp gain, the more noise you get.

Thank you so much guys.Just a few hrs on the forum people here are awesome.Had a long day at work and was looking forward to diving into the Fractal for a weekend binge of recording but I am spent and going to bed.I sent my video to Fractal support and I hope they can help.I will post in the morning.If I can't record I will be binge watching Netflix this weekend so all is good.....I think.

Back
Top Bottom