Just got an Axe FX II. Should i ditch my Eventide Eclipse, TC M1 and TC D2?

gwpt

Hi,
I just picked up an Axe FX II today and so far it has exceeded my expectations in terms of sound quality, the effects are stunning!
I am reluctant to get rid of my analog gear, preamps etc but am now considering ditching my digital effects (and usually i hoard everything ;)...
These are an Eventide Eclipse, TC Electronic M-One and TC D-Two.
Can anyone think of a reason not too?

Well that is up to you. I only sold my tube amp after keeping it for one year after I got my axe fx ultra and then a II.

I did not want to have buyers remorse, so I kept my tube amp as insurance against somehow not liking the axe later on and wanting to go tube again.

Well that NEVER HAPPENED and I sold off my last tube amp to pay for an axe fx II just a few months ago...mesa boogie lonestar 2x12...never regretted the decision to get rid of it either.

But to me, it never hurts to hang on to gear you do not have to sell to pay for the axe fx, etc. or at least wait awhile before selling it, that way you can see if you will miss it or not. (In my case...I do not)

Im sure you will soon be joining the "I also sold all my old gear a month after i got my Axe"-Club ;)

the M1 and the D2 can go straight away. they don't do anything that the axe doesn't do. hold fire on the eclipse for a bit. you may decide to keep it...it just depends on whether you prefer the sound of it for certain things, or if you're a heavy fx user and you need that extra horsepower to compliment the axe.

It seems most of us eventually come to the point of selling off the old stuff. I still have some of it, but it's been so long since I've used any of it, I'm starting to wonder if those things still work. Axe-Fx II totally cured me of my analog GAS - I was buying boutique overdrives like they were BOGO free.

It's not like your other gear is losing value at the moment. Give it some time. After six months if you still are fully on the AxeFX 2, then sure go ahead and sell.

Back
Top Bottom