Just a small issue

kipstryker

Inspired
Getting to grips with the software and since I am using the mfc in song mode its sooooo useful.

When I assign presets to songs though, whichever preset I click on in the preset palette window - say - 3 fat lead it puts the next number up in the preset slot. My display and axe offset is set to 1. Everything else is as normal and I can manually type in the preset number I want, so as I said just a small issue, and bound to be something obvious I'm not doing quite right.......??

Any thoughts?

Ummmm.... no ... I humbly confess that you found a bug ;-)

I just researched it. There are some strange conditions that can occur regarding when Axe-Edit was loaded, when the Preset List was dumped from Axe-Edit and when the Axe-Fx display offset was set to '1' in the MFC-Edit program. The bottom line is that I have to change the way the program detects the Axe-Fx Display offset and apply that information to displaying the Preset number. The actual values in the Axe-Fx Preset List are not guaranteed to reflect reality under certain conditions. I'll fix this in the upcoming release. Sorry for the confusion.

If your Axe-Fx Display Offset is set to '1' then the text file exported by Axe-Edit should show the first Preset number as '001', otherwise '000'. Providing that is correct then all will be well - after I fix the bug. If your Axe-Fx Display Offset is set to '1' and the first Preset number in the exported list, then you must relaunch Axe-Edit and re-export the list. Then you should be good to go.

A word of caution though... The Axe-Fx Preset List doesn't necessarily reflect what's going to happen when you select that MFC-101 Preset.
The numbers that you enter into the 15 song Preset slots are MFC-101 Presets not Axe-Fx Presets. By default those MFC-101 Presets send a Program Change of the same value/number to the Axe-Fx but you are free to change that. If your MFC-101->Axe-Fx Presets are mapped 1-to-1 then you should be okay. The Axe-Fx Preset list is a guide that is quite helpful but if you've messed with the Axe-Fx Preset Tx map you may experience unanticipated results.

Watch for the update in the next week or so.

Cool. I found a bug! Thanks gary for your explanation. I will provide complete absolution if you persuade cliff to increase the number of letters available for song names.....
Great programme btw.

Cool. I found a bug! Thanks gary for your explanation. I will provide complete absolution if you persuade cliff to increase the number of letters available for song names.....
Great programme btw.

lol - no kidding. More than 7 letters for the name would be awesome. This has been a common request so we'll have to see what the future holds ;-)
-G

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom