Just a note for those using Windows Defender.

DLM

Power User
When I went to install the Axe III USB driver, it wouldn't install correctly in Windows 10. I had to disable Windows Defender temporarily to install it, and after that it was fine. I think someone else had the same issue with BitDefender antivirus. Just disable it during the driver install, and you're good to go.

When I went to install the Axe III USB driver, it wouldn't install correctly in Windows 10. I had to disable Windows Defender temporarily to install it, and after that it was fine. I think someone else had the same issue with BitDefender antivirus. Just disable it during the driver install, and you're good to go.

I'm guessing the driver hasn't made it through the Windows certification process yet. That can be a quagmire. Thanks for the workaround!

@DLM when it is installed, does everything work as expected when using the Axe FX III as an external sound card (e.g. recording?)

@DLM when it is installed, does everything work as expected when using the Axe FX III as an external sound card (e.g. recording?)

Yeah, it works perfectly. No different from the Axe II driver. I haven't recorded with it yet, but I did just open my recording software and I was able to select it as the recording and playback device.

Back
Top Bottom