Just a little snow today

I'm out in Colorado as well. Every school shut down but since I'm training a new hire class in a corporate world, I had to go into work. I awoke 2 hours early to shovel my driveway and two parrallel car tracks down the residential rode, to get to the main road! Oh and half of my class didn't show up for the first 1-3 hours anyways. The highways were well plowed but not without 2 inches of thick ice throughout the whole track. It felt like driving on an unkept mountain road because of all the grooves... lmao. It makes driving slower but spectating your enviroment more enjoyable! :)

On another note, I saw a city bus on the opposite side of the highway turned sideways with a semi-truck T-boning it, multiple minor wrecks, but worst of all several people driving like maniacs! FFS people, you may have a jeep with snow tires but it doesn't give you the right to drive three times as fast as everyone else! I saw one guy about 200 feet in front of me do a 720 in the middle of the highway. I'm all for survival of the fittest but it's shit like that, that treads on my life line. This is when cops need to be giving out the majority of their tickets!!!!

/end rant

We have more ice in the driveway than snow on the ground.I love snow days ,I take the day off.But by the end of winter I'm ready for warm weather

Al_Gore_Spitting_Fire.jpg

I think Al Gore has been hanging around the eastern seaboard. We sure are having the same effects here in South Western Ontario Canada with more rain than snow in January. No snow on the ground... and it's all his fault.

No snow here but we got some arctic air flowing down, so where I live it's about -14 °C at night ( = 259 Kelvin. Sorry, no idea 'bout Fahrenheit. That's just a novel title to me ;) ).
I actually love the weather right now. As much hours of sun as possible without the gray november rain/snow.

Last edited:
Crazy things going on here. Two weeks ago in Jan. dandelions were blooming and the last few days the frogs have been croaking like crazy! 2012?

Anchorage normally gets snow obviously, but it isn't as much as people would think, it just doesn't melt until May. This year we have gotten a dozen days, maybe more, of 1-2 feet of snow at a time. My grill outside is completely buried, the fence around our back yard is almost covered and I have NO PLACE to put the snow from our driveway now. I might have to break down and call someone to plow us out...

It was +4C and raining today here when the days should be around -15C and the nights -25C -> -40C. The jet stream is doing something weird apparently....

Nothing is frozen up here; guys were pulling ice fishing huts off the lake weeks ago. Lake Superior is pretty much open water this year.

Last edited:
I hate the snow... We just had 8" melt away last week. Don't get me wrong it's fun to play in for a wile and makes things look pretty but I can't stand the cold. Rather ironic from someone that lives in Washington state. I'm a transplant from Cali though, I'd rather be much further South.

I'd rather it was cold and dry, than the usual WA winter when everything is gray and it rains every day like clockwork. Once they pass the income tax here, I'm moving to CA. :)

I've been waiting for some proper snow all winter. We normally have piles of it (along with -20 to -30 C). Daytime temps have been above 0C all week. Needless to say... that is MILD for Edmonton. I drive a 1976 AMC Jeep Wagoneer... the Big Orange Beast that she is would love some serious snow... the Wagoneer eats snow for breakfast, then pulls out others who have choked on theirs...

About 10cm (4"?) of snow here yesterday. The whole country was traffic jammed. It's too crowded here (Netherlands) for that kind of weather....

...And now I am waiting for the Europeans/Asians to check in ;)

Saturday morning in central UK. It was -7C last night and we have been warned the snow is coming. We need about 1/2 an inch of snowfall to bring chaos to our transport systems. People will be out panic buying this morning, it's a British thing! (Just off out to buy some bread and milk)

The sea water in Mylor harbour was frozen down here in Cornwall yesterday morning. That's nothing compared to the snowfalls that some of our buddies across the pond are getting I know but it made national radio nevertheless and my pal in Poland tells me it was -25 degrees C where he lives! Guess I'll be playing my first gig in a thermal vest tonight...Nigel Tuffnel eat 'yer spandex!

Forecast for the coming week here on the Westside in LA: Sunny, 70F. Same as last week.

Haha, just joking! It goes up/down a couple a degrees once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom