Journey's "Mother, Father" AXEFX Video Mark Day

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Hi guys, Roy and Don in my band did this incredible backing track for me. Roy did the vocals, drums and keys and Don played bass.
I used the AxeFx and my Suhr Modern. What you hear is only one stereo guitar track from the AxeFx. I shot two different camera angles at two different times. The dirty guitar is the close-up shots and the clean is the far away shots.

Originally I did the far take and didn't like the preset I used so I re-did the dirty guitar using close-ups and edited that in.

Thanks for watching! Doesn't Roy sound a little like Steve Perry??

Isn't that Suhr purty??!!!

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOD4LCpbkw&hd=1

Last edited:
Has much as he sounds like "Perry" ..., I think he sounds even MORE like Castronovo !

Frankly, I've seen the Live in Manilla vid., and Deen blows Perry away on that song !

GREAT JOB on this !

Wow - sounds very much like SP to me!

Thanks for the vid: Awesome playing / tone as always, with some MD faces thrown in!

Cool shirt by the way - kind of a James Hetfield look goin on there - maybe some Metallica videos in the works?? :lol: :lol:

First of all guys, thanks so much for the kind words. It's why I do this stuff. Kinda like playing to an audience that participates and gives you a round of applause and a pat on the back when you get of the stage!!!

Roger I do still take 63hz right out, 250hz -2.7, 500hz -3.7 all others flat . Cali 4x12 on both presets. This is a clean I made for this type of 80's song.

Here are the presets, also they are in Bank K of the Axechange.

Happy New Year dudes!!!

Mark

[attachment=0:e342fz3c]Journey presets.zip[/attachment:e342fz3c]

Attachments

• Journey presets.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 86
Happy new year Mark,

this is fu..... great!! Since I was 16 I had Journey as one of my Top 10 favourite bands and Neil Schon as one of my Top 5 rock guitar players (along with Steve Lukather, Dan Huff, Eddie van Halen and Mike Slamer).

Your whole band honors them. And your playing is the cream on top. Great job. I love it...

Joerg

Hi Mark, I cannot get it to download, says corrupt files... Damnit, I was really hopin... :) Great Tone, also I would like to find the Toto Hold the line patch, AWSOME!
Thanks,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom