JONESING FOR v10 RELEASE NOTES!!!

I like the "Added 35 cabinet models from the first of our 'producer packs' " line. I wonder if there will producer packs as a new product offering?

Cool! An additional 50 slots for cabs, but I don't why there would be no dump/restore on the new slots.

I guess time will answer all the questions. Looking forward to 10.0
The reason is right there in the notes. The upper 50 are stored in a different place in the memory that is not included in dumps. A few months back when the talk of add more user cabs came up Cliff said he could the upper 50 would not be part of a system dump/back up a s pretty much everyone in the thread said no problem Cliff. That is a small inconvenience to get 50 more cabs

Last edited:
There was a previous thread that referred to a statement on Twitter where there was a comment made by one of the Fractal guys in relation to capturing IR's for some 4x12's. The comment was "Today we will be back in the studio. Too bad the date isn't 4/12 because that's the focus!" Some interpret that to be purely a reference to the cabs. I'm not so sure. Why use the word "date"? My interpretation is the focus for the release is 12th April which just happens to be a Friday. Is that the release date? I don't know! I'm just guessing like everybody else. Considering I'm only a junior member around here and only bought my Axe Fx II and MFC recently, I'm probably way off the mark. Having said all that, what a great unit and incredible loyalty to customers in making the unit even better.
Actually if you read the release notes backwards it says "Paul is Dead."

:)

And speaking of release notes....no wonder why this update is taking so damn long....that's a lot of typing.

That's an amazing update! You guys most have been working around the clock, I'm so happy to be a part of this
exciting new stuff happening. Thanks FAS for such a versatile and awesome product!

It's gonna be a lots of fun to test out AE as well, cause I got my axe fx2 in october I've never really tried AE just
for uploading the FW 9.02 but never used it, so this is great news.

This has to be one of the best gears ever created for guitarplayers! (except for the guitar itself of course )

:)

In the notes it has the following: The ODS-100 models were redone and matched to a Dumble Overdrive Special, S/N 0213. This particular amp is a 100W “HRM” version. The lead channel was matched with the preamp bypass (PAB) engaged which bypasses the input tone stack. The lead channel was also modeled with the Drive control at approximately 7.0. The Input Trim parameter can be used to increase or decrease the drive. Note that the clean channel has a bright cap on the Master Volume. This causes the tone to get brighter as the MV is reduced and vice-versa.

Is there something 'different' in how the Drive control works that it was modeled with it at around 7.0 as opposed to having the full range of the drive control? Also, who is HRM? Thanks!

This bodes well for a nearterm drop......I hope. Looks like it will be a game changer. Thanks for the detail Cliff.

Also, who is HRM? Thanks!

HRM is/was a popular modification on dumble amps. It's an internal post gain tonestack modification on the drive channel. Originally called the "Hot Rubber Monkey"-Mod. Technically it's just JAMES type tonestack (could be found in most marshall amps too, with different values

Here is one.....(made by myself)

P1000848.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom