JONESING FOR v10 RELEASE NOTES!!!

Thanks, Cliff.

Ok, what's the over/under on how many posts before someone finds something about the Release Notes to complain about?

Wow a lot of new stuff under the hood for v10...I don't think I've ever seen release notes for new firmware that long. A lot of surprises too...definitely going to be a landmark release and, while I'm having a blast cranking on v9, I'm getting pretty jazzed over the impending release after reading the notes (not to mention the clips I've heard). Cool...thanks for the preview.

New Looper feature "Trim" allows the user to trim the start and end points of the loop. Use Nav keys to select either Start or End and then turn the value wheel to adjust the trim. Modifiers can be attached to Start or End by hitting Enter when either one is selected. Also, this new page will show a playback indicator and drawing of the loop waveform.

New Looper parameter "Play Immediate" (on Page 2) determines if playback starts immediately after user presses "Record" to finish a recording. This allows flexibility to allow a user to record a loop and save it for later as opposed to always starting playback immediately (note that even if this parameter is set to OFF, the user could still press "Play" to finish a recording and have it start playing immediately).

User can now press "Overdub" to finish a recording and it will immediately go into Play w/Overdub mode.

When in the Type page of the Amp block, the A,B, and C Quick-Control knobs now control Drive, MV and Level, respectively. This allows for quicker auditioning of the various models.

These in particular stand out to me. Lots of great attention to detail in the user interface and looper! Very excited for these!

Just reading these notes makes me want to tinker with tone. I love the added parameters to easily change the feel. Can't wait to try thunk!

Back
Top Bottom