Joe Robinson?

Just a quick followup on this. Listened to all 4 tunes on the EP and I'm hooked. I'll be buying more when I get home!

The guy is a great singer on top of being a really great guitarist!

I described the song in the video I posted (Flaming Stretches) as "progressive country fusion"... I really like what he is doing.

Man is this guy good! I've just spent my 90+ minute commute listening to the 4 song EP on repeat.:D

Every song is very good for different reasons.

This one sounds like Jason Mraz singing with Mark Knopfler after Mark spent a week playing Steely Dan tunes with Guthrie Govan ;)

I'm definitely buying more!

I just saw him live a couple times in April. He came through Richmond, VA, up to new york, then back down to Hopewell as part of the Guitar Army with Robben Ford. He's insanely talented. At both concerts he stayed afterwards and hung out to sign and talk with the audience. Great guy. You should check out his earlier stuff as well. In concert he's been trying to "perfect" playing rhythm on the acoustic guitar while he plays solo on his strat using hammer-ons and pull-offs. He slings both on at the same time...and sings.

I just saw him live a couple times in April. He came through Richmond, VA, up to new york, then back down to Hopewell as part of the Guitar Army with Robben Ford. He's insanely talented. At both concerts he stayed afterwards and hung out to sign and talk with the audience. Great guy. You should check out his earlier stuff as well. In concert he's been trying to "perfect" playing rhythm on the acoustic guitar while he plays solo on his strat using hammer-ons and pull-offs. He slings both on at the same time...and sings.

I've already purchased Gemini Vol 1 EP, Gemini Vol 2 EP and Let Me Introduce You. All like everything I've heard so far.

I'm blown away by how well he effortlessly blends various styles, all the while singing incredibly well on top of that.

Check these out:

These were 7 years ago so he was like 17. I heard about him through a conversation/article someone had with Tommy Emmanuel.

Check out Let Me Introduce You, Birdseed & Time Jumpin'.

Back
Top Bottom