JMP pre new firmware

Cool manual has all the preset settings ,love some of the names ,Angus-ho, Britaevious 🤘🏻🎸😎

Think I'll have to check manual out too, I'd made some def lep presets before this firmware upgrade and now the tone not quite there, not sure which is best to tackle the eq, the bass mid, treble on the ideal, authentic or in the graphic equalisizer .
There is also the plexi delay, chorus, delay and pitch Shifter all adding to the mix too lol
So many thing that change the dynamic
R'n'R
G

I need to try this one out soon, huge fan of the JMP-1. Is there anything that would get close to a VHT2150 style power amp? I think it was initially based on the Pitbull poweramp but tweaked for KT88’s.

Very Interesting!
So can somebody tell me whats the parameter range in the original JMP-1?
Gain / Vol 0 - 20?
B/M/T -6…+6?
Pres. 0…+6?
Cant figure it out with the JMP-1 Manual to translate the values to my FM3!

Very Interesting!
So can somebody tell me whats the parameter range in the original JMP-1?
Gain / Vol 0 - 20?
B/M/T -6…+6?
Pres. 0…+6?
Cant figure it out with the JMP-1 Manual to translate the values to my FM3!
Easy way - flip to the Output EQ tab, then you can just type the values in

went through this with a jmp owner. bmtp go from -6 to +6 and they match the same values on the axe. so +4 on the jmp = +4 on the axe
gain goes to +20 which equals +10 on the axe
You are right on Simeon, if you are comparing just JMP1 preamp to preamp with the Axe, it holds true.
What gets a little funky is - the power amp you are using with your actual JMP1 vs. the power amp in the Axe.

(This is going to sound obvious to some, but just something to keep in mind when dialing in a JMP1 in the Axe)

I use my actual JMP-1 running through the Marshall 100/100 power amp (which I believe it is meant to be paired with).
It's a bright/raspy power amp (maybe even described as a little scooped IMO).
The power amp modelled in the Axe is a little darker, which means +4 treble on each is going to sound a little different (IF you are used to hearing the Marshall 100/100 poweramp with the JMP1).
I find that I use more treble and presence in the Axe to try and counter that darkness.
Yes, I know I can (and I do) tweak power amp settings in the Axe....just pointing out that sometimes +4 (for example) doesn't result in the same tone....thus if you are using settings in the JMP1 manual, it may not sound exactly as they would have when run through the Marshall power amp (that seems to have been what the JMP1 was meant to be paired with).

I would love for Cliff to take my Marshall 100/100 and have that used to model the JMP1 within the Axe.
@FractalAudio - I'm local to you if you want to borrow it :)

I took the liberty of setting up a few presets from that manual. 1-6 here are from the manual and named accordingly. halved the gain/vol and doubled the b/m/t/p values to match up with the range available on the axe knobs. I started by taking my normal jmp1 preset and modifying only the preamp so have not changed the cabs nor put a lot of thought into that but wanted to share in case anyone else was curious like me.

Attachments

• 369__MARSHALL_JMP-1_Manual.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
I took the liberty of setting up a few presets from that manual. 1-6 here are from the manual and named accordingly. halved the gain/vol and doubled the b/m/t/p values to match up with the range available on the axe knobs. I started by taking my normal jmp1 preset and modifying only the preamp so have not changed the cabs nor put a lot of thought into that but wanted to share in case anyone else was curious like me.
like i said earlier. a jmp-1 owner said to me that the bmtp values match 1-1 and don't need to be scaled. so +6 in the manual = +6 in the axe

like i said earlier. a jmp-1 owner said to me that the bmtp values match 1-1 and don't need to be scaled. so +6 in the manual = +6 in the axe
well thanks for the heads up, that's good to know. on the axe fx the bmtp values range from -12 to positive 12... and in the jmp1 manual they range from -6 to +6. to be clear, Is your friend saying the actual available values in the jmp1 are -12 to + 12 then? I will have to redress.

no, the jmp-1 goes from +6 to -6. according to him to get the same tone, use -6 to +6 in the axe. it's a 1-1 relationship. i assumed +6 in the jmp = +12 in the axe and it didn't sound right to me

no, the jmp-1 goes from +6 to -6. according to him to get the same tone, use -6 to +6 in the axe. it's a 1-1 relationship.
but then on yeks writeup of this model... "What I didn't do, and why people probably feel the model differs, is "normalize" the tone controls so that with B/M/T at noon the tone stacks match. On the Axe-Fx you might need to set the Bass to 3, Mid to 7, etc. to get the tone to match." and cliff also says “The JMP-1 tone controls have more range than the actual preamp. The preamp has about +/- 8 dB for each tone control while the model has the standard +/- 12 dB."

so in the interest of a happy medium... I went back through and applied a ratio of 2/3... so 1 in manual = 1.5 on axe fx... and 6 in manual = 9 in axe fx... according to the cliff quote above... and then did some auditioning... and changed many of the cabs to 412ax according to the default speaker impedence... def headed in the right direction anyway.

Attachments

• 369__MARSHALL_JMP-1_Manual_twothirds.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
Started messing around with OD-1 model yesterday and quickly dialed in a mid-gain sound that beat out my Dirty Shirley mid-gain sound on my main preset. Just a fantastic all around Marshall tone that walks the line between vintage and modern to my ears. Really fantastic sounding model that I have completely overlooked until now. Thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom