Jet City 700DP Full Range Speaker for Guitar Modeling Setups(What do you guys think?)

It looks heavy. If I wanted to carry that weight, I'd get a real guitar cabinet. That's really curbing a huge biggest benefit of using a modeler.

It looks heavy. If I wanted to carry that weight, I'd get a real guitar cabinet. That's really curbing a huge biggest benefit of using a modeler.
True but I heard that a 4x12 cab doesn't exactly respond at best with the Axe Fx,so for an FRFR system this could be a pretty nice deal with the Fractal if playing in big venues or something. I could be wrong,but I thought of sharing this.

I could see it being more useful for people playing small venues that need a back line, because at many small clubs a guitarist can't really depend on the system or soundman without the stage sound from a cabinet. It's not really a problem to have a small personal monitor and rely on the system at larger venues.

But, for me, this looks impractical. No harm in sharing though.

I could see it being more useful for people playing small venues that need a back line, because at many small clubs a guitarist can't really depend on the system or soundman without the stage sound from a cabinet. It's not really a problem to have a small personal monitor and rely on the system at larger venues.

But, for me, this looks impractical. No harm in sharing though.

I totally respect your view. Would be interesting thought if someone can make something as loud as the 4x12s and have a small size to them. That would be another breakthrough just like the Axe Fx,Ultra,and IIs are breakthroughs.

To me it’s a visual thing, I think it’s filling the gap of players who want to take advantage of FRFR but still want the look of a traditional cab or backline (mines bigger than yours). At least that’s the first thought that came to mind when I glanced at it. My Atomic cabs can fill in with any situation weather I have to use them as personal monitors or a traditional backline and there smaller and most likely weigh less. And of course there is other solutions not saying the Atomics are the “end all”.

Not knocking the Jet City cab, could very well sound amazing (I like there amps ,that’s for sure!) And if it fills in the gap I mentioned above it’s a winning situation for them and everyone else looking for that type of solution.

John

True but I heard that a 4x12 cab doesn't exactly respond at best with the Axe Fx,

No not at all. When working with a real cab (speaker sims off) one of the most over looked controls is “Low Resolution Frequency” on the AF II and on the Ultra/Standard ”Speaker Resonance Frequency” these are also important when using cab sims while running FRFR. The AF II has a little more under the hood in this particular section but just adjusting that one control can make a world of difference.

John

No not at all. When working with a real cab (speaker sims off) one of the most over looked controls is “Low Resolution Frequency” on the AF II and on the Ultra/Standard ”Speaker Resonance Frequency” these are also important when using cab sims while running FRFR. The AF II has a little more under the hood in this particular section but just adjusting that one control can make a world of difference.

John

Low Frequency Resonance

John

Thanks a bunch. Yea I was wondering the same thing,from the looks it seems like it could fill the gap and thanks for your detailed reply about the 4x12s much appreciated.

A 212 version could be really awesome depending on sound quality and if they keep the weight down. They say the 412 is only the first with this technology.

I think this is a great idea. For large gigs outdoors or on a huge stage, I'd like to have the 4x12 behind me. I've got an Atomic Mono Block that I run to a Marshall 1960AV which limits me to only the V30 sound and a mic'd cab on stage. With this, I can give the sound guy my direct feed from output 1 and send output 2 to the enclosure. Wouldn't need the Atomic anymore. I can leave the sims on and really wouldn't have to tweak much if anything. I would agree that it is no different than monitoring to a PA wedge in front of me, but I only personally have a QSC K10 which is not enough on huge stages. It will all depend on price point though. I rarely use my Atomic/4x12 combo now.

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea. For large gigs outdoors or on a huge stage, I'd like to have the 4x12 behind me. I've got an Atomic Mono Block that I run to a Marshall 1960AV which limits me to only the V30 sound and a mic'd cab on stage. With this, I can give the sound guy my direct feed from output 1 and send output 2 to the enclosure. Wouldn't need the Atomic anymore. I can leave the sims on and really wouldn't have to tweak much if anything. I would agree that it is no different than monitoring to a PA wedge in front of me, but I only personally have a QSC K10 which is not enough on huge stages. It will all depend on price point though. I rarely use my Atomic/4x12 combo now.

I totally can see where you are coming from. I have held back on getting wedges and stuff. I want to make sure that I can get something that would allow me to project the sound with immense power plus also leave me more time in playing rather than tweaking new settings. I think this is damn good,although yes the price would be something to consider. Haven't seen this for sale yet on the website but seeing from their amps and cabs,they look pretty reasonably priced. I think this would be a pretty good deal too. Let's see time will tell,it certainly looks very promising.

Thank you for sharing! I do not play FRFR YET, but I am planning to switch sooner or later. I have had the Axe II for such a short time, that I am not yet using it live. I have a reliable live rig going on now, and I have played through 4x12 all my years as a player. Usually there is always 4x12's around if the venue is responsible for the back line, and it is an iconic part of guitar gear..

Recently though, I purchased a 2x12 cab so that stuffing small stages and vehicles would be easier. Very handy! It's nice to have both options but if there is room in the van, and/or a huge venue, I will take my 4x12. No question about it! I'm sure this would be the case with 2x12 vs 4x12 FR cabs aswell..

Thank you for sharing! I do not play FRFR YET, but I am planning to switch sooner or later. I have had the Axe II for such a short time, that I am not yet using it live. I have a reliable live rig going on now, and I have played through 4x12 all my years as a player. Usually there is always 4x12's around if the venue is responsible for the back line, and it is an iconic part of guitar gear..

Recently though, I purchased a 2x12 cab so that stuffing small stages and vehicles would be easier. Very handy! It's nice to have both options but if there is room in the van, and/or a huge venue, I will take my 4x12. No question about it! I'm sure this would be the case with 2x12 vs 4x12 FR cabs aswell..

Glad my sharing helped :).
Enjoy the Axe FxII :D

Back
Top Bottom