JCM800 Slow Bluesing (video)

Hey Marin, good to see(hear) you here playing the FA Axe... love the Duncan Seth Lover P.U. vid.

Marin,

I'd LOVE it if you dialed-in your Overtones to their best sound, and then tried to match that with the Axe, and post the clips. Don't tell us which is which :)

You are a great player, and beyond that you can get tone from your hands.

Can you give us a detailed opinion of the Axe VS. Overtone, non-HRM and HRM. Tube tone, feel, responsiveness, joy of playing, etc...

Tony

thanks guys.

Vintegearguy: thanks a lot. I am not really good at using words to describe gear. I prefer to record something and then post it. I don't really see the Overtones and the Axe-Fx in the same category. I tend to compare the Axe to other modelers and the Overtones to other amps. I tend to have "my" sounds which I try to get out of both, so sometimes they sound similar.

I tend to use the Axe-Fx as a home-recording tool, direct into the soundcard and I listen to it through the PC speakers. Maybe I should hook it up to the "return" of the Overtone and then record with a SM57 at the cab. I am sure it would feel more "amp-like". Room for thought..... :)

marin

Back
Top Bottom