Jazzy-ish tones from AX8

Here's my attempt to create jazzy vibe. Middle of the song utilizes Metheny synth sounds I received from @Patzag

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Wow Fourtet! That was wonderful!!!!!! Love the sounds you are getting. I only have an older Ultra unit so I won't ask you for presets but you caused me to log on just to tell you how much I enjoyed your music! Great job. That's one of the best things about the complete line of Fractal products, they can be used and sound authentic in such a variety of music and tones. Just listened to Joe Feloni's beautiful playing in another thread a few mins ago with a completely different sound and vibe but every bit as musical. If I might ask, what amp sim are you using for the beginning clean tone? It's very nice. What block are you using for the modulation effect? It's a great chorus sound that's pronounced but doesn't overpower the tone either. That's sometimes hard to capture. I also have an old Metheny synth sound made for the Ultra (I think made by Simeon) that's close to yours but I think yours is a little more refined. I think mine has sort of morphed from tweaking to be a little more unruly over the years. I should try to refine it a bit using yours as a example. Anyway just wanted to thank you for posting some tones I don't hear too often around here. Is that a band you're playing with? or your own production project? Either way, sounds great. Thanks again!

Wow Fourtet! That was wonderful!!!!!! Love the sounds you are getting. I only have an older Ultra unit so I won't ask you for presets but you caused me to log on just to tell you how much I enjoyed your music! Great job. That's one of the best things about the complete line of Fractal products, they can be used and sound authentic in such a variety of music and tones. Just listened to Joe Feloni's beautiful playing in another thread a few mins ago with a completely different sound and vibe but every bit as musical. If I might ask, what amp sim are you using for the beginning clean tone? It's very nice. What block are you using for the modulation effect? It's a great chorus sound that's pronounced but doesn't overpower the tone either. That's sometimes hard to capture. I also have an old Metheny synth sound made for the Ultra (I think made by Simeon) that's close to yours but I think yours is a little more refined. I think mine has sort of morphed from tweaking to be a little more unruly over the years. I should try to refine it a bit using yours as a example. Anyway just wanted to thank you for posting some tones I don't hear too often around here. Is that a band you're playing with? or your own production project? Either way, sounds great. Thanks again!

Thank you Gibson335 for your kind words. As far as preset goes - I recreated my live set up which is Fender DRRI with Warm Stereo Chorus. I don't tweak presets too much as I try not to divert my energy away from playing :). I recorded all instruments and programmed some drumming fragments. Thank you again!!! Means a lot to me.

Thank you Gibson335 for your kind words. As far as preset goes - I recreated my live set up which is Fender DRRI with Warm Stereo Chorus. I don't tweak presets too much as I try not to divert my energy away from playing :). I recorded all instruments and programmed some drumming fragments. Thank you again!!! Means a lot to me.

Holy Crap! I'm impressed. You played the piano part too? (on knees bowing...) Very nice. Just totally dug the whole overall vibe and restraint of your music. Wow, sort of surprised that you used the Fender DRRI for the clean sound. Not sure why I say that just wouldn't have guessed. Seemed to be a more full solid tone than I would expect from the DRRI. I'm pretty sure the Ultra doesn't have that amp sim but I may have to use your tone as a reference and see if I can find one of the fenders in the Ultra that can give that vibe. Guess I need to also revisit the Chorus block. I'm sure it's improved a lot since the Ultra days, but I find some of the effects blocks still translate ok with some ear study and tweaking. All in all one of the best things I've heard on this forum (for my taste) and I've been here almost daily since the Ultra days. As you could tell from my earlier comment I couldn't tell if it was live or memorex, so kudos for making it sound like a band all playing together especially with music that sparse and open. Thanks for posting!

Wonderful!! Please share the presets as there are not that many jazzers around here with great tone. Would love to get the Metheny synth sound as well. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom