JavaJunkie, can I get an update on this?

That was an Ultra patch, IIRC. I may have made a patch for the II like that.

I'll try and dig it up.

Last edited:
that's really nice. i actually think the updated reverb block in the II already sounds pretty close. i reckon a large plate with some mod will get you in the ballpark without too much trouble at all. i used to have a lexicon mpx-1 that i used to treat loops with and the reverbs were lovely... :)

Yeah, that was an Ultra.

Peq - multi delay - reverb ran in parrallel to a dry signal

PEQ - 748hz boosted 3db (.707 Q), hi shelving at 3200hx, -1.8db (.707 q)
Multidelay - Delay Plex, mix 35%, decay time 3.55, diffusion 100%, tempo 1 1/4, tempo 2 1/4, tempo 3 1/4 trip, tempo 1/4 trip, LFO rate = .75hz @ 20% depth. I think the rest was default.

reverb - lrg hall - time = 2.92, size = 60, color = 6, low cut = 20, hi cut 9510, mix = 100, level = -6, input diff = 45%, diff time = 43, wall diff = 100, echo density = 8, predelaly = 4ms, tail delay = 125ms, earlt level = -17db, reverb level = -1db, mod depth = 36%, mod rate = .37hz.
tempo = 120bpm,

The PEQ can be done in the reverb block on the II.

thanks for the info sean, i think i'll try that. might also be interesting to try the plex detune instead of the regular plex for even more richness and set the delay times more randomly (don't use the tempo) so the repeats never line up... :) some of the nicest reverbs i've got by using two plex detunes instead of the reverb block...it's a very "eventide" approach and sounds wonderful. one of the reasons why i'd like an 8-plex in the axe... :)

another interesting thing about using a delay in front of a reverb like this, is it causes the reverb to "bloom"...just like when you set the early reflections really low in the mix...which is one of the things that lexicon do to make their reverbs sit out of the way of the dry signal.

thanks for the info sean, i think i'll try that. might also be interesting to try the plex detune instead of the regular plex for even more richness and set the delay times more randomly (don't use the tempo) so the repeats never line up... :) some of the nicest reverbs i've got by using two plex detunes instead of the reverb block...it's a very "eventide" approach and sounds wonderful. one of the reasons why i'd like an 8-plex in the axe... :)

another interesting thing about using a delay in front of a reverb like this, is it causes the reverb to "bloom"...just like when you set the early reflections really low in the mix...which is one of the things that lexicon do to make their reverbs sit out of the way of the dry signal.

Yeah, I did that back in 2009. I would do it differently today. A 8 plex would be sweet!

right about the bloom, that why I really like the effect.

Great !

Now that the global blocks saving is enabled in Axe Edit, it would be nice to have more "effects" patches to share. Do you think you'll have the opportunity / time to" re up" the CE1 , DC 2 patches you made ? Thxs

Great !

Now that the global blocks saving is enabled in Axe Edit, it would be nice to have more "effects" patches to share. Do you think you'll have the opportunity / time to" re up" the CE1 , DC 2 patches you made ? Thxs

yes, absolutely.

Back
Top Bottom