Java don't shoot me... ha ha

finstah

I'm in the process of reconfiguring my GCP and Expression pedal and can't understand my notes I have from speaking with you on the phone.

I'm trying to calibrate a patch to use the pedal to adjust volume. So I added a volume block at the end of my chain. I set the GCP to that particular patch, set P1 to the same CC value that is set on the Axe for volume block (did the learn thing.) and set the modifier on the volume block to External 1 but the pedal is not responding on the 0-100 curve.

Am I missing a pedal calibration step or something somewhere?

And I can't remember if I need to set an IA on the GCP. (Should I turn the volume block on or off or just use the pedal throw full/none technique.

This would be a great addition to the wiki; a GCP how-to section.

finstah said:
I'm in the process of reconfiguring my GCP and Expression pedal and can't understand my notes I have from speaking with you on the phone.

I'm trying to calibrate a patch to use the pedal to adjust volume. So I added a volume block at the end of my chain. I set the GCP to that particular patch, set P1 to the same CC value that is set on the Axe for volume block (did the learn thing.) and set the modifier on the volume block to External 1 but the pedal is not responding on the 0-100 curve.

Am I missing a pedal calibration step or something somewhere?

And I can't remember if I need to set an IA on the GCP. (Should I turn the volume block on or off or just use the pedal throw full/none technique.

This would be a great addition to the wiki; a GCP how-to section.

You don't need an IA just the pedal generally. It doesn't seem like you are missing anything.

You do not want to assign P1 to the same CC as the vol block, that will turn it on/off. You just want the pedal respoding to the same CC as external 1.

ahh. gotcha. :D

I have my whammy setup for that but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did.

So I assign the CC value that is currently assigned to the External 1 correct? Where do I do that?

finstah said:
ahh. gotcha. :D

I have my whammy setup for that but for the life of me I can't figure out what I did.

So I assign the CC value that is currently assigned to the External 1 correct? Where do I do that?

just assign the P1 to the same CC as the external 1.You can find out what that is by going to the IO/CTRL menu. I assume you know how to set on the gc pro, since you just did it when you assigned the vol block to it.

Back
Top Bottom