I've officially joined the "Ultra" club ( took the Plunge)

Just got my shipping notice for the Ultra
Scheduled Delivery: May 10, 2010

I've been playing around with the beta Axe Edit software already, and I'm thoroughly impressed with the level of detail in the parameter editing that is available. It's actually somewhat intimidating to think that you have as much freedom in tweaking as is available in the software. I'm guessing there are ways to get disastrous results if one were to haphazardly just start twisting knobs and throwing switches without a great deal of careful forethought. I'm just really thankful that there are such a large number of presets, and user patches available to start from.

Re: I've officially joined the "Ultra" club ( took the Plung

Cool. Just use caution when stalking your UPS driver. ;)

hey your getting an ultra on my birthday!

Mine shows as "scheduled delivery" on May 6th.. <the jitters are starting> :?

Congrats. I just got mine about a week ago, and today my new Atomic powered cab showed up! It sounds amazing!

I won't be using any cabs as mine will be hooked up via S/PDIF right into my motu interface and used for direct recording only..so when guitar players come over to record in my studio they can have the best sounds available.

Yeah I record direct in to my Fireface 800 which is mind blowing! I'm putting a few amps on craigslist this week. So happy to be done with fighting this stupid room for a good recorded tone. I just got the cab for playing LOUD when my friends come over. I have found the cab to be kickass for playing drums through or something also while I'm jamming about in here. So much fun!

I'm planning on going direct to FOH.... not sure what I'm going to do for stage monitoring yet ?

You have been assimilated. Muhahahahaha.
borg-queen2.jpg

My planned set ups are:

1) Axe Fx -> Mackie 402 -> headphones
2) Axe Fx -> Mackie 402 -> M Audio Studio Monitors ( They were a gift )
3) Axe Fx -> Line 6 Vetta Head Stereo FX Returns -> Marshall 4x12 cab
4) Axe Fx -> Digi 002 (Headphones / Monitors)

I can't wait until my Axe Fx arrives so I can figure out what my preferred configuration will be. I'm tempted to ditch my amp/cab and go for the Atomic solution, but I think I will wait and see how much I dig the Axe with my Current gear.

What is the typical configuration for people using the Atomic gear?

I've been tracking the UPS shipment of my new Ultra - having spent that much I shipped it 3-day Select, not Ground. What's an extra $30 after spending $2K !!!

Shows as shipped out of Nashua NH last night [Monday] @ 6:40pm EST.
At 10:30 CDT this am [Tues] it shows as arriving at my local airport.
It's now 4:50 CDT and has not moved !!

I guess [hope] it will be delivered tomorrow - which would be a day ahead of schedule.
Can't imagine it will take 2 days to get the 6 miles from the airport to my house :shock:

I'm tracking another package too. It took 1 day for it to travel 1000 miles, and now it's sitting an hour away from me for another 24 hours. I think UPS is deliberately holding it because I choose free ground shipping instead of express. They could have easily sent it out for delivery this morning and got it to me today, but that would be a day ahead of schedule, and they don't want to make their basic ground shipping go any faster than the express shipping or else no one would pay for express. It's so frustrating now with the internet and tracking numbers, how we just sit there refreshing the screen every 20 minutes to see if the status has been updated. I'm the most impatient person in the world when it comes to waiting for packages, yet I can't seem to convince myself to pay the extra $10 to get it faster.
The only time I pay for upgraded shipping is when it's going to be US postal. They're tracking doesn't show anything until after the package has already arrived. I refuse to get anything shipped that way any more.

thenoodler said:
I'm tracking another package too. It took 1 day for it to travel 1000 miles, and now it's sitting an hour away from me for another 24 hours. I think UPS is deliberately holding it because I choose free ground shipping instead of express. They could have easily sent it out for delivery this morning and got it to me today, but that would be a day ahead of schedule, and they don't want to make their basic ground shipping go any faster than the express shipping or else no one would pay for express. It's so frustrating now with the internet and tracking numbers, how we just sit there refreshing the screen every 20 minutes to see if the status has been updated. I'm the most impatient person in the world when it comes to waiting for packages, yet I can't seem to convince myself to pay the extra $10 to get it faster.
The only time I pay for upgraded shipping is when it's going to be US postal. They're tracking doesn't show anything until after the package has already arrived. I refuse to get anything shipped that way any more.

In my case I DID pay the extra for 3-Day Select. Tracking shows the package as arriving at my local airport [Dallas/Ft.Worth] YESTERDAY am - 24 hours ago !!!!!! No update since.
Given prior experience with UPS Ground, I'm betting it will not update until 23:00 tonight. Will show as "departing DFW" going to the distribution center (Fort Worth - 20 miles away), then show arrival at 01:50.. then "out for Delivery" at 05:00 TOMORROW am !! And it will be there when I get home from work tomorrow !!!

So why ????? (grrrrrr!!!) does UPS have it sit on the shelf in the airport warehouse for over 36 hrs.. just to ensure they deliver it by close of business on the 3rd day ????? It's REALLY frustrating waiting for my Ultra to arrive :evil:
It was here yesterday - so why can't I get it today ???
I'm wearing out the "enter" button on my pc keyboard hitting "refresh" !! :?

I was off by a couple of hours, but tracking now shows my Ultra departing airport at 19:41 and arriving Ft. Worth at 20:12.
<sigh> almost 36 hrs sitting on a storage shelf at the airport <sniff> :(
I've resigned myself to having it to show up tomorrow - on schedule.

<frustrated><impatient>

Maybe we need a new service, modeled after this ?

s0c9 said:
I was off by a couple of hours, but tracking now shows my Ultra departing airport at 19:41 and arriving Ft. Worth at 20:12.
<sigh> almost 36 hrs sitting on a storage shelf at the airport <sniff> :(
I've resigned myself to having it to show up tomorrow - on schedule.

<frustrated><impatient>
Apologies for the ongoing rant, but patience while waiting on a package is NOT my strong point. :oops:

Sure 'nuf - UPS shows my Ultra "Out for Delivery" as of 05:30 this am.. Day 3 !!!!
Even if it was here 2 days ago.

Sitting here at work, ITCHING to get home and start playing that puppy!!! :!:
tick, tick, tick....
tick, tick :twisted:

UPDATE: UPS shows as "Delivered" at 10:20
only 6 hrs to go before I can leave

Back
Top Bottom