I've just built the cleanest Axe-Fx rig you'll ever see (for a forum-member)! OCD

Very professional looking.

Thanks man! That was to quality I was aiming for! But I still have much to learn.

I just brought it home, I`m very pleased with Objectors work! I couldn`t have done it...

Glad you like it! Enjoy as your Fractal-Journey now truly begins!

Nice job ,complete with a starter key:D

Yeah, if you turn the key everything powers on.... Or not, but that would've been way cool! :D

Beautiful job! Nice, clean and thoughtful.

I second the motion to give a little more protection to the power connections. Metal objects bumping into the tape can pierce it. And electrical tape deteriorates and falls off over time. Not dogging the great job you did; just looking to prevent an "oopsie" down the road.

Just wanted to thank Objector for his nice work and the good pictures of it.

For me this is a very good input, because I just started to build my own 3 U rack. Maybe I'll start a thread later or just post some result pictures in here?

Last edited:
Well the last weekend I started on my rack. And just as promised here are some pictures of the current state (btw. sorry for the bad image quality, but I had just my tablet camera):

jQTOi2q.jpg

EmPoy7a.jpg

cfvvsDj.jpg

More images of the building process, the inside and the final result will follow. Hope someone likes it.

Last edited:
Well guys a quick update:

Haven't had much time this weekend to finish the rack. But now I had enough time to test all "features" and I have to or want to redo some things.

The only thing not working properly is the 7-pin plug for the MIDI floorboard, guess I retest every connection and resolder it.

New/Changes:
- Backside input: use R input instead of L, so I should be able to jam with someone else
- Add a power button on the front panel
- Change the blue LEDs to RGB LEDs (have some lying around here since this week) and add more dials on the front to control the color channels

Everyting else works like expected/designed and I'm very happy with it at the moment.

Edit:
Guess I'll do the stuff next weekend and get a decent camera until then, so I can provide you with better pictures, especially from the clean inside. ;)

Reactions: J-P
Well guys a quick update:

Haven't had much time this weekend to finish the rack. But now I had enough time to test all "features" and I have to or want to redo some things.

The only thing not working properly is the 7-pin plug for the MIDI floorboard, guess I retest every connection and resolder it.

New/Changes:
- Backside input: use R input instead of L, so I should be able to jam with someone else
- Add a power button on the front panel
- Change the blue LEDs to RGB LEDs (have some lying around here since this week) and add more dials on the front to control the color channels

Everyting else works like expected/designed and I'm very happy with it at the moment.

Edit:
Guess I'll do the stuff next weekend and get a decent camera until then, so I can provide you with better pictures, especially from the clean inside. ;)

Where did you guys bought the empty rack panel to mount the connectors?

Nice Work man!!! Really good job!
(Tip; Mount some curtains in the front there and your whoman will exited too:p)

Back
Top Bottom