IV anywhere on the horizon?

What’s with ‘any idea when the 4 comes out’?
Is the 3 all of a sudden not good enough anymore?
The 3 is a beast IMO... it does everything. Remember how things used to be?... amp, and some pedals... play your guitar.
Besides... the Turbo, FM3, and FM9 are relatively new. I’d tend to thing this generation has some years to go. It’s not like an I-phone, where the phone craps out or is unsupported after a couple years.

Last edited:
No Bluetooth, so you have to use cables to make it work, plus it’s not part of Fractal’s software suite.

Bluetooth is not supported, but I am able to use FracPad with Yamaha MD-BT01 and an iPad - so it does work without a cable connected to the iPad.

Yeah it says you can use the Yamaha MD-BT01 for Bluetooth connection on the FracPad III website:
"Bluetooth connection is possible with Yamaha MD-BT01 only with AxeFx II/XL/XL+, FM3 and AxeFx III on iOS and Android 7.0+"

EDIT: FracPad website also says "It supports iOS (ios 6+) and Android (4.2+ but 6.0+ for best experience) devices : Phones, tablets or whatever" and has a free Windows version. Not sure if the Windows version works over Bluetooth though... anyone? May as well use USB anyway, I have a touchscreen laptop.

Last edited:
Things always have an uncanny way of evolving into the future. To say that an Axe fx 4 wouldn't be on the horizon at some point in the future is madness.

If that was the case, and the FX3 was to be the last unit is akin to saying that we all would have been satisfied with our 2Mb hard drives in the 90's and our Nokia 3310's

Of course there will be a new unit when the time is right and the market is able to exploit new technology. Simple.

The only unit that could be upgraded is the fm3, just to get an FM3 Turbo.
But they did so much efforts reducing the cpu usage while still bringing it to the same level as the other more powerful units that I don’t see any new products coming that soon.

Since everyone is getting their 2 cents in, regarding patents from Kemper...
Just because someone has a patent to something does not mean you can't do something similar to it. It just means you can't do the exact same thing in the same way as in the patent. You can't patent an idea, you patent the execution of that idea.

There are a million ways to skin a cat. There is no way FA is doing anything at all like Kemper so really it wouldn't even be a legal threat. Kemper just has smart lawyers that know how to scare Cliff into not coming out with something better than Kemper already has.

Seriously, FA needs to get good lawyers to explain to them how unlikely it is that Kemper could even come after them if they wanted to.

Last edited:
This response begs the question then, why did you feel the need to upgrade from the II ? Or the Ultra, or the I for that matter. ;)
Simple… the technology has advanced so much that it’s gotten to be better in many regards to an amp and several pedals. I also play numerous styles and use many tones. I want the best for my needs, and FAS delivers it.

9 minutes later? Is the AxeFX 3 STILL only the most advanced modeller on the planet, with a fire-hose of radical updates and improvements? Oh.

How about NOW? Is there a IV yet???

Oh. Well I guess I’ll get back to using about 10% of the current system’s capabilities, while I wait.

Back
Top Bottom