It's Only Love (TM)

CodePoet

Fractal Fanatic

Did a straight tone match as well as a modified tone match to maintain some of the original patch while bringing in 50% tone match EQ.

1st pass - original (matched from an MP3 - would be interesting to see the difference from a CD...)
2nd pass - tone match with no cab, 100% amount, 0% smoothing
3rd pass - tone match with cab and 50% amount, 0% smoothing

Played with the AxeFx II v6.0 with the AC30-TB model and a Fender American Stratocaster, double-tracked guitars panned hard L&R. Mine's a bit drier on the FX side but I didn't spend too much time honing it in yet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
NICE!!!! That's scary close. Such a great tone on that song. Great performance too. So do I compliment you? Or Cliff? LOL Great job, both of ya!!

Yes more and perhaps there is a little flanger but i think you already nail it, it's just effects.

2nd may be closer, but I really like the tonality of # 3. More harmonic something because there's a chimey quality there.

I don't think flange is needed, but more reverb for sure to match the original.

It's great when there are clips available of just guitar, like this song. There are so many great songs where it will be difficult to get a clean guitar clip.

Great match, BTW. Big fan of BA's guitar/band. Wish they would tour again.

Sounds great!
Yeah go ahead and add the reverb.
Third chord should be an A sus2 in open position btw

I agree... touch in a little more trailing reverb onto the second clip and you got it.

Nice Job.

-Nate

IMO it's an Asus4 (A E A D), he played it correctly...?

That's what I was hearing - the B in the Asus2 sounds a bit weird, but I'm getting confused now...The Asus4 makes it interesting as you're keeping the D in all of the chords. I was going to check some live performances to see if I could see anything - Matt made be doubt it - I figure he had Bryan Adams show him how to play it :).

Back
Top Bottom