It's official... Welcome Béla Fleck!

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones have been my favorite band to see live for a couple of decades now. Just saw them again out in Suffolk, Long Island this year with the original lineup, and they did not disappoint. Each musician is a legend in their own right, which in my mind, makes the Flecktones a Super band and not just another music group where one person in particular is the main attraction. Something for everyone as the saying goes. The Flecktones are no strangers to computers and electronics either; in fact, just the opposite, so it is fantastic to hear that Bela might be experimenting with the Axe Fx. If for some strange reason, you have not yet seen this group play, you are doing yourself a diservice. If you are a fan of artists like Guthrie Govan, imagine seeing four or five musicians of that caliber playing in one group! No exaggeration needed. Strap your jaw to your head when you go, because you might lose it on the floor.

Congrats. Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are one of my favorites and sure to help take the Axe-FX to another level. Awesome!

Fractal please get a preset from this artist. I would like to run my electric Banjo through the Axe Fx and would love to try out Bela Fleck's patches.

You can't imagine how excited we were a few months ago when the phone rang and it was Béla Fleck, interested setting up and learning about the Axe-Fx. We went on to work together on the phone and in shared-screen Axe-Edit sessions while he was getting ready to tour. Not only is he objectively one of the greatest musicians of our age—and a record holder among Grammy Winners—he's been a real favorite and an inspiration to many of us along the way.

The words Béla said to me today are short and simple. But when you realize who he is and where he's been and how hard he's worked... wow!

"The Axe-Fx is a really great sounding box. It has improved my electric banjo sound considerably. — Béla Fleck"

artist_bela_fleck.jpg

Please see if you can get him to share some presets! I know I'll never have the patience to learn how to play a 5 string, so I recently traded some gear to a friend for a Gold Tone GT-750 electric 6 string banjo. Need to work on my banjo rolls, but grateful I started out playing folk music when I was a kid.

In the banjo world, that's like getting Jimi Hendrix to use your product. There's Bela, then there's everybody else. I first saw him with New Grass Revival in the mid 80's and several times since. Amazing player. Another huge coup for FAS. It'll be interesting to see if other banjo players follow suit, or more likely WHEN other banjo players follow suit. I'm not sure what effects have been used on banjo, but the list is likely to expand if a generation of players follow Bela with the Axe Fx.

I don't know that Bela can be compared to more traditional banjo players. He's taken the banjo so far beyond its traditional use.

Back
Top Bottom