It has shipped.

theaero

Inspired
While UPS takes what seems like a lifetime to bring me my new Axe-FX II, I can't help but wonder:

What exactly have I gotten myself into? Tips on surviving the first week?

1. Read the Manual
2. Read or bookmark the Wiki: Axe-Fx II Wiki Home - Axe-Fx II Wiki
3. Download and install the USB drivers for your OS (you'll need your AxeFX-II for this)
4. Download and install Axe-Edit (you can do this before it comes!, but when it does do this: Set the AxeFX-II as MIDI in and out under AxeEdit->Settings->MIDI Settings)
5. Make sure your firmware is 3.02 (hit the utility button and use the page button to cycle to the right)
6. If it's not:
--1) Download 3.02 from the Fractal website, unzip it, and open Axe-Edit.
--2) Put your AxeFX-II in firmware update mode by going to the firmware section under UTILITY and hitting ENTER
--3) In Axe-Edit, do Settings->Update Firmware
--4) After that finishes, go under UTILITY and reset system parameters

7. Start playing around with dialing in one amp and cab. See here for more info: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/43317-some-3-00-suggestions-amp-cab-blocks.html

Buy a weeks worth of food and drink and send the better half on a vacation. You are going to be busy for awhile! :)

Congrats!!!!

Haha, @mmcm4: Its been 6 months since I sold my Ultra, so I've covered most of those steps in anticipation of the Axe II.

@ Cobbler: I have all next week off, and no SO to worry about. It will be a good week!

While UPS takes what seems like a lifetime to bring me my new Axe-FX II, I can't help but wonder:

What exactly have I gotten myself into? Tips on surviving the first week?
Hehehe... I feel your waiting pain but... Mine just arrived 10 minutes ago and I can't even check it out proper. I sliced my index finger at work today!! OMG!!! I sure hope this heals quick.

Good luck theaero

A final note - if you have the time before it arrives, buy some flowers, chocolates, celebrity magazines or "Bold and Beautiful" DVDs (ie. whatever is appropriate) for your significant other (if you have one).

Trust me, this is the voice of experience. You need to take some pre-emptive action to avoid later problems.

Back
Top Bottom