Issues with Norton and AX8 Edit??

pneil2

Inspired
Hey all,

I had a weird event last night. I fired up my PC and Norton informed me that it had decided that AX8 Edit was "unsafe" and that they had removed it! I'm guessing there's a setting in Norton to force it to quarantine stuff and ask me about it before it starts arbitrarilty deleting programs from my system. Need to look into that. As for it being "unsafe" my first guess is that they just didn't know what it was so they did something stupid, or there was some aliasing going on and they ran across something that looked like a virus signature.

Has anyone else had issues with AX8 Edit and security software?

I have had issues with Axe-Edit in the past with "false positives" from security software.
You can generally go into the app and add the editor to the exclusion/ignore list.

You can also report the false positive to the software vendor..

Never had any problem with mine(just running windows defender, used to use avast and avira).

But imo norton is really terrible(cpu hog, a lot of false positives) and I would definitely recommend getting something else.

Never had any problem with mine(just running windows defender, used to use avast and avira).

But imo norton is really terrible(cpu hog, a lot of false positives) and I would definitely recommend getting something else.

Yeah, Agreed. Not my first issue with Norton. I have a copy of McAfee sitting on my desk and just haven't taken the time yet. It's becoming a higher priority.

My experience with McAfee is even worse. I´m finding Norton running smooth, just need to tell it what to ignore. Also have Malwarebytes installed on my PC, never had any problem.

You really don't need more than the built-in Windows Defender. I would never run McAfee or Norton on any system, let alone a system I'm trying to do music production of any kind on.

I have the same guitar as your avatar - LOVE the evertune bridge!

Sorry for the derail - I've always used the stock MS security essentials/defender without any issues. *knocks on wood*

Forget Norton and Mcaffee, Windows defender is all you need. If you do decide to take this route use the Norton removal tool to get rid of all the crap, it really does infest your system with all sorts of garbage.

Back
Top Bottom