Issues on Kemper Profiler Stage SEND 1 levels going into AXE FX III Input/Instrument

m4Engineer

Hi everyone,

I am trying to reroute the original guitar signal from Kemper into AXE FX III Input/Instrument for additional processing. My guitar is going into Profiler Stage input, and SEND 1 is set to Git Analog. SEND 1 is then connected to AXE FX instrument input. It seems to me like the level of the signal coming out of SEND 1 is way lower than what AXE FX III is expecting OR AXE FX is doing something which reduces the signal level further. It is not so evident on cleaner amp models, however, when a heavy gain amp model is selected on AXE FX, the signal is not driving the app model to produce the expected distortion. When I swap the guitar cable from Kemper Profiler to AXE FX, there are no issues - so the cable is not the problem. Also tested with different cables along the signal chain, and also ruled out that issue. The only viable solution I have got so far is to increase the AXE FX input level up to ~+12db. But this doesn't make sense, I would have expected the signal coming out from the guitar should be at the same level as SEND 1 of Kemper. Can this be an impedance mismatch? Got confused and trying to figure out what is going on. Your help is appreciated. Monitoring the sound only via AXE FX Headphone out.

I would think the issue is on the Kemper side. is there a level control for that Send 1?

Yes and No. There are different modes you can assign to Send 1. For instance, there is "Git Analog" mode which routes guitar signal to SEND 1 without analog/digital conversion. There are a bunch of other modes such as "Git Processing", "Git Studio", "Stack" and so on. For Git Analog/Processing/Studio there is no level setting.

hmm well if guitar to axe direct sounds good, and Send 1 is supposed to be like the guitar alone, something isn’t happening with that send 1.

I run a Kemper into an AXE-III and it works perfectly. Output from Kemper Send1 to AXE Input 1 (front input).

Here are my settings on Kemper and AXE.

pm5dWZU.png

VY5ZUjF.png

WDuaiiB.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom