Issue with Mission Audio expression pedal not functioning

expert_fretwork

Hello everyone,

New around here. I've searched everywhere, including in this forum already, for the last few days and I just can't find the answer to this problem.
I just bought an AxeFX ii and an MFC-101 from a friend a few months ago, and I've been slowly diving into it and setting it up the way I prefer. I bought a Mission Audio SP-1 pedal to use as essentially just a wah controller, as that's all I really use expression wise.

I've watched Chris' videos on setting everything up, which were extremely helpful so far. I've calibrated the pedal properly according to the owner's manual.
However, when I check the graph on the actual AxeFX to watch for a change when I toe-up/toe-down on the pedal, I get nothing. The midi light is turning green when I move the pedal, and when I actually play something with volume I hear essentially either full-on or full-off on the wah. There is no actual sweep, and it doesn't move the dot on the graph.
I've tried calibrating the pedal on all 4 XP inputs with no change. I'm using a TRS cable, plugged into Out 1 on the Mission Audio pedal. I've also tried plugging into Out 2 but don't see a change there either.

Is there just something I'm missing here? I'm a bit confused as to what I'm doing wrong, since it appears to be calibrating properly. The calibration values are from 000 to 116, just for your reference. Everything else I've set up has worked flawlessly, so I'm a bit stuck as to why this won't work.

Also, this SP-1 pedal has an actual switch built into the toe like a wah. Is it possible to set the MFC-101 to recognize that as an on/off, or will it just auto-engage when I move the pedal and disengage when I stop moving it? I'm not sure about that one either.

Sorry if these are questions that have been covered before, I'm assuming I'm not the first person to stumble into this on hardware this old, but I can't find any other answers that work in my particular case.

Edit: I've since found a separate video that's just for this pedal. I see that I'm missing a cable and need to use 2 separate XP inputs for what I'm looking for.
I'm sure once I set it up that way it will work. Just disregard...

Last edited:
You only need a 2nd cable for the switch.

But you don't need a switch to use the Wah.

It sounds like maybe you connected the switch jack but not the expression jack.

Assuming you have a TRS cable, you can connect the expression jack to an expression pedal jack on the MFC.

Then assign the External Controller for that pedal to the Control parameter in the Wah block. Set the modifier to use auto-engage.

The Wah will come on when you move it from heel down and go off when you return it there.

Back
Top Bottom