Is this possible?

olorin

I have an acoustic preset from Moke that is great but the cab block is actually in front of the amp block. During a song I’d like to switch to a dirty sound but cannot figure out how to get the cab behind the amp block via scene switching.

i know I can simply switch presets but would prefer just switching scenes.

I tried running the send and returns on different rows and playing with that but got a predictable feedback loop in it.

So is this simply not doable in one preset?

Scenes or anything else can't move blocks within a preset. with only 1 cab on the FM3, it may not be possible.

does the cab need to be in front of the amp?

If you're not pushing the Amp block into distortion, you might be able to get by with the cab after the amp.

Could you do it with two Send/Return and a MUX block? I don't have a way to test, but try this:

> SEND1 -- RETURN2 -- CAB -- MUX -- RETURN1 -- AMP -- SEND2 >>

For the acoustic scene, just run straight through, bypassing the Send/Return blocks and setting the MUX to go to RETURN1.

For the electric scene, SEND1 goes to RETURN1 then into the AMP. SEND2 goes back to the Return in front of the Cab, then MUX goes into another row that goes around the AMP block.

I once built a preset with serial Cab routing - it's a bit complicated, but possible, as the signals have to be routed between the left and right channel (left = Cab1L in front of the amp, right = Cab1R after the amp)
Vol1: Pan L; L.
Cab1: Input Stereo, Cab 1L-L; Cab1R-R
Mix1: Row 2 Balance to L
Vol2: Pan R; R.
Mix2: Gain 1; 3; 4 0%; Gain 2 100%; Balance 2 to R
Filter: Null Type, Both Pans to Center

To bypass the left or right cab, a so-called 'Null' IR must be loaded, i.e. an IR with a linear frequency response! (The one I found needs to be amplified by about 10dB in a subsequent block.
The filter block after the Mix2 block makes the right channel signal to a L / R Mono signal again so that it can then be processed with effects to stereo.
The preset requires surprisingly little CPU (about 62%)

I personaly dont use it this way, i ran my acoustic to In2 L with an extra Path - much easyer!

serial Cab routing.PNG

Back
Top Bottom