Is this Craigslist?

guitartripp

Inspired
I'm seeing so many people getting bashed by other forum members because they apparently don't follow their train of thought regarding the Axe FXII. What's the deal? I thought this was a forum to help each other, not bash them. From what I've seen it feels like the more 'graduated' forum members like to speak to each other with respect, but when it comes to the 'new guy', they seem to get all in a bind with them really quick. If someone makes a less than positive statement, they get slammed like they were in the ring! I'd expect a much higher class of co-Fractalites than what I've been seeing. Like I said, it feels like I'm on CL, or even worse...the ultimate-guitar forum.

Each person has a unique take on tone, sound, different gear/guitars, etc. it'd be nice for some of the forum posters to take these facts into consideration in all of our quests for the perfect tone.

I agree with that. There definitely is a bit of elitist attitude when it comes to this gear... I have definitely sensed that.

This forum has really been pretty good about that in my experience. Most other product specific forums are almost cult-like. I dare you to go to the Splawn forum and say anything negative. Those guys will crucify you. Car forums are the absolute worst. I have an M3 and those forums are ass-hole conventions most of the time. They will just come right out and tell you your question is stupid.

I agree there is more help than not, but some of the same people that bend over backwards are the same ones bashing the 'newbs'. I've seen it since the first day I came to the forum... I've had it personally happen. One of the same questions I just asked recently, I received a snarky comment from a few of these forum members, and it was literally just answered more 'professionally' less than two days ago to someone else...well, maybe not the exact answer I was looking for, but an answer I would have expected on such a high caliber forum.

A prime example is the guy that is trying to get the IIC+ tone. We all know that sometimes you cannot get the EXACT same tone...but posters started bashing the guy like he murdered the Axe FXII! (When I first heard about the Axe FXII, I was under the impression that it WAS every amp that was in it...that it was so much more than a 'modeler')...now the guy is left to believe that it really isn't? It probably ticked him off and he started pushing back...I would do the same thing. Give the guy a break, he only wants what all of us want. That's only one example of MANY that I've seen. I come here for information, to improve my tone, learn the Axe FXII more in-depth, and try to meet some great fellow musicians, and maybe learn something new from them, not see flares and rants.

The best is when someone posts a complaint, then people chime in with "it sounds exactly correct, use your ears, not your eyes," then a few days later Cliff chimes in with "Sorry guys, I had such and such value off by 1000 doohickies, updated model to be released very soon."

Nah. Most people are helpful here. There's a few cowboys or maybe an old timer or two who forget what it was like to be a newb. But this is a pretty cool place.

Agreed. Those who ask questions in the right way (not whining or bashing) get lots of good help.

I like the default answer... read manual, when the person knows the answer and could save you time of reading the whole thing

I like the default answer... read manual, when the person knows the answer and could save you time of reading the whole thing

Well actually i think they try to help even more with that exact answer.
Yes writing the answer will help now, but reading the Manual will help so many other times aswell.
I am also normally a " no need for Manual" guy, but reading this Manual (more then once) and the wiki really gave me so many "AHA" moments.
I find the Forum very helpfull and people very polite in General. And compared to other Forums this is a bunch of angels.

I can help answer with that... It's what he was about 1059 posts ago :lol see I'm an old timer here and offered up help right away.

Thanks dude, I'm ok now that someone took the time to clarify that. Looks like I better get to work writing posts!

The best is when someone posts a complaint, then people chime in with "it sounds exactly correct, use your ears, not your eyes," then a few days later Cliff chimes in with "Sorry guys, I had such and such value off by 1000 doohickies, updated model to be released very soon."

I get a chuckle out of that every time. It happened recently... Someone posts that something in model X doesn't sound quite right in firmware Y, which is followed by a handful of comments like "what are you talking about? Model X has never sounded better." Or the always popular "it's now 100% spot on". Those comments usually continue until Cliff agrees that something in model X was, in fact, "off".

This forum is one of the best ones out there and most people are very helpful here, but I can see why someone new may be a little gun shy about posting any questions or concerns.

I get a chuckle out of that every time. It happened recently... Someone posts that something in model X doesn't sound quite right in firmware Y, which is followed by a handful of comments like "what are you talking about? Model X has never sounded better." Or the always popular "it's now 100% spot on". Those comments usually continue until Cliff agrees that something in model X was, in fact, "off".

This forum is one of the best ones out there and most people are very helpful here, but I can see why someone new may be a little gun shy about posting any questions or concerns.

And to the point sometimes where OP's are sounding apologetic or fanboyish for three sentences before posting their issue just to avoid possible wrath for asking for ideas/help. Thankfully there are lots of helpful folk and a wealth of useful info, patches, recordings, etc. on this forum. It's helped demystify the beast for me. :geek

... oh shit, my avatar picked up smoking again ...

Back
Top Bottom