Is this a mistake?

elchampion

Inspired
When I went to look for the new firmware for the II, I found this for the MFC with today's date v1.02 but after I downloaded it it was only v.1.00. Just a little confused for sec.

MFC-101 Firmware Version 1.02
Jun 27, 2011 - MFC-101 Firmware v1.02 (Zip Archive)
IMPORTANT: Upgrading from FW older than 1.0 requires you to perform a FACTORY RESET. The upgraded MFC-101 with firmware v1.0+ will not be backwards compatible with backups of units running FW 0.x . A utility is included to restore older backups. See the included ReadMe for more information.

If your press EDIT:SETUP button(s) on MFC and use LEFT PAGE arrow to move to "FW Version" (one click), what does it say?
If its not 1.02, then you have not upgraded successfully..
If you are upgrading from 0.19 ->> 1.02. yes, you will ned to follow the instructions on doing a MFC settings backup, conversion, factory restore and MFC Settings restore - or you will be re-entering all your settings again. Factory restore wipes them back to factory defaults.. on EVERYTHING !

Cool, didn't realized I upgraded to 1.02. Nevermind move along nothing to see here :). Thanks for clarifying!

I just checked my MFC and I guess I didn't upgrade successfully because it says FW version 1.00. Weird. I swear I followed the instructions. hmm..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom