Is there any possible way to use the USB with an interface?

RJSAudio.

Inspired
Heyo,

So I really don't wanna have to use MIDI cables to communicate with Axe-Edit, but there's just not enough mixing/routing options with the Axe as a USB interface so I need to use my other interface for recording and practicing. So, is there any possible way to use a separate interface for recording, while still being able to tweak the Axe with Axe-Edit through USB? Even if this means using Parallels and running a Windows system to use Axe-Edit with, I'm open to it.

This is all assuming a update is pushed out that allows me the USB to work in the Axe in the first place! Haha...with time I'm sure.

Thanks!

Just googled it and found an Apple support article about combining multiple audio interfaces by creating an aggregate device - is that what I want to do?

Essentially I want to use my Apogee Duet 2 for everything except MIDI, and use the Axe II for MIDI.

Guys, there's MANY posts on the forum on setting up an aggregate Mac audio device, including the Apogee and others.
I don't have a Mac, so I can't provide details, but do a search please... it's all there.

Yes, you need to set up an aggregate device.

BUT I don't know of anyone who has this working without losing sync after a few seconds to a few minutes. This applies to more than one interface (I'm using an FF400 and it loses sync). If I'm not mistaken, the Apogee Duet shares the same issue. We don't know what code is at fault... Apple OSX? IO device's driver code? Fractal's USB driver code? I've resorted to SPDIF io between my interface and the ii. I'll leave the rest for you to search.

Back
Top Bottom