Is there an advantage using the Filter block instead of an EQ?

tjontheroad

Inspired
I'm experimenting with the Filter block but not understanding the difference in using it instead of a EQ block. I've read the wiki but not certain of its best application.

Please enlighten me. How are you using it?

I'm experimenting with the Filter block but not understanding the difference in using it instead of a EQ block. I've read the wiki but not certain of its best application.

Please enlighten me. How are you using it?

I've always thought the #1 advantage was the Filter block uses the least amount of CPU.

The GEQ block does offer some different EQ types. I really like the 5-band passive GEQ type. It's easy for me to use.

The filter block can be thought of as a one-band parametric EQ. Use it when you just need a simple EQ. For example, I often use it after the cab block as a lowpass (around 7-8 kHz). I could do the same in the cab block but I like being able to see the frequency response and having control over the Q.

The filter block can be thought of as a one-band parametric EQ. Use it when you just need a simple EQ. For example, I often use it after the cab block as a lowpass (around 7-8 kHz). I could do the same in the cab block but I like being able to see the frequency response and having control over the Q.

Thanks for the info. This is what I kinda thought. Just wasn't sure if I might be missing some extra magic :)

Back
Top Bottom