Is there a way to try a III out in person? If not, I have an idea

tabqwerty

Inspired
There are 269 Guitar Centers, so I think a lot could be made back if 269 units were shipped out to be demo/floor models at each of them. I would be okay with being able to physically try one out for myself in person then have a new copy of it shipped to me from the factory.

I’m sure that Guitar Center would not be pleased to provide a demo of a product that they cannot carry. Also, I think perhaps that Fractal would have to significantly mark up their products in order to sell them through conglomerate chains like that, not to mention altering their business model significantly.

It's just that $2.5K is a lot to invest into demoing something. I already have an original Axe II that I'm still happy with. I probably won't make the jump to III until I can afford one (I'd do more to focus my savings only on it if I could try it first), which by then the IV would be released.

Commission. Once the person decides they want one, GC would place the order and have it shipped to that store on behalf of the customer. Same model as a car dealership.

So then the unit would have to cost extra, or FAS would have to accept less margin on orders placed through GC than they make direct.

Car dealerships are actually a bad business model for the consumer too. They force you to go through a middle man, adding cost, and imo, a typically awful buying experience. Of course many dealerships are owned by those with influence to keep the outdated dealer model going.....

Direct stores like Tesla does it make a lot more sense. Factory direct pricing, no sales commissions, middleman fees etc. Those who own dealerships of course are totally against factory direct sales as it makes them, their markups, etc obsolete.

I worked at a GC for what it’s worth. Absolute worst place to demo any gear I’ve been becasue it’s always so loud. Can’t hear anything unless you go Into the acoustic demo room and hope your alone. Think GC is going to build a private room for FAS to demo gear too? Lol

15 home trial is by far the smarter option if you ask me. Let’s you hear it with your own gear, under controlled conditions. Take it to a practice, even a gig. Just keep it in good shape. Have time to learn it too. Not really going to sit down at the thing for 5 minutes and master it at a GC now are you ?

For the OP, if $2500 is too much to “invest” into demoing soemthing, then your not a potential customer at the present time, so there wouldn’t be a real advantage in setting up a free way for you to play one. I don’t say that as an insult, but simply as a logical statement.

It’s no different than if the Ferrari dealer doesn’t have a $250k car for me to go test drive. If they did and I get to go drive it, then what? I say thanks, that was fun, but I’m realistically not in the market to buy a car this expensive ? I mean come on, that would be a fun thing to do and they’d have tons of “potential” buyers all wanting to test drive right, but no actual sales.

If you think a III would be a good upgrade, and you’ve got it in your budget, then your a realistic customer and you should order one. IF for some reason it does not satisfactory meet your needs, return it. No questions asked. Money back less shipping.

Just the overall most sensesable way to run a business if you ask me

Also most FAS users are pretty happy to tell others how much they love the product. I’d wager if one known forum member in a given town said they were interested in playing the III another forum member in said town would extend an offer to come out to a gig during soundcheck or rehearsal and let them check it out.

Also most FAS users are pretty happy to tell others how much they love the product. I’d wager if one known forum member in a given town said they were interested in playing the III another forum member in said town would extend an offer to come out to a gig during soundcheck or rehearsal and let them check it out.
Ah, whats a soundcheck? :cool:

There are 269 Guitar Centers, so I think a lot could be made back if 269 units were shipped out to be demo/floor models at each of them. I would be okay with being able to physically try one out for myself in person then have a new copy of it shipped to me from the factory.
Where are you located, I'd be happy to let you demo mine. I'm in NJ.

And for the record, there's a little 'boutique' guitar and amp room inside every (or at least at my own) Guitar Center where there usually is no one inside and you can close the doors.

Ah, whats a soundcheck? :cool:

It’s where the soundman at the venue gets pissed when you tell him you’ll plug straight into the board and he says “no, we AlWAYS stick this Sm57 in front of the speaker of the amp” and you say you don’t use an amp, and his mind is blown lol

As @MrGuitarabuse so eloquently stated, order one, if not happy return within 15 days and money back (minus shipping).

I'm telling you straight up, you will decide NOT to return it within the first 30 minutes. I've spent my whole life chasing after the ultimate tone, and thanks to Cliff and company I will never have to chase again:D:D:D:D:D

It’s where the soundman at the venue gets pissed when you tell him you’ll plug straight into the board and he says “no, we AlWAYS stick this Sm57 in front of the speaker of the amp” and you say you don’t use an amp, and his mind is blown lol

bToLDKr

Perhaps in the spirit of ye olde days, groups of Fractal owners in well populated areas could have a fairly regular but low key get togethers with their rigs and interested parties could come along and try things and chat (and leave a six pack of beer behind in appreciation). Organise it via the Fractal Users FB page or such to get an idea of potential numbers who would be interested.

If you're a country bumkin like me then you'd just have to be prepared to travel or stay at home and stick with the banjo.

The 15 day return policy is pretty good tho. A previous Fractal AxeFX owner thinking of upgrading would probably know if it's a keeper within 24 hours .... a new to Fractal customer .... probably would know within 5 or 6 days.

Back
Top Bottom