Is there a way to ghost image your entire 511 presets + matching cabs?

I know this question is similar to something else I suggested about amp+cab collating but I didnt see this in the manual or search

If anyone knows what an ISO or ghost image is, its essentially taking a screenshot of the computer, but with EVERYTHING behind the screen in it as well

So its a total copy, complete to the kB of whatever your copying

Is there a GHOST image preset/template to load all 511 presets and cabs AFTER a f/w update? Or something like that

If this isnt a clear question, please tell me and ill try another way

Oh....

Well good then!

Lol

You can delete this thread, I must’ve screwed up just now updating to FW 7, idk why or what i did, but I erased a bunch like a whole seectore....but i guess i over wrote something

Oh....

Well good then!

Lol

You can delete this thread, I must’ve screwed up just now updating to FW 7, idk why or what i did, but I erased a bunch like a whole seectore....but i guess i over wrote something
Firmware updates do not delete user cabs or any presets.

If you really lost something then provide as much detail as you can because that is a problem.

Someone else posted on the FW7.0 thread that they lost user cabs...

You know what, it was almost exactly like that
However, the difference NOW I know is that my communications interrupted or crashed so when I refreshed it wouldn’t do it
Then i restarted the program and computer and rebooted/hard reset the machine and it works

However, it seems like i had a lot more user cabs before? I dont know maybe I copied and pasted repeated ones?
Either way it seems to be working, i literally reinstalled all the preset packs I bought so its all good, an hour or so

Thanks unix

However, it seems like i had a lot more user cabs before? I dont know maybe I copied and pasted repeated ones?
You have whatever cabs you loaded in. :)

...I must’ve screwed up just now updating to FW 7, idk why or what i did, but I erased a bunch like a whole seectore....but i guess i over wrote something
You said that a bunch of stuff disappeared. I'm going to guess that you mean that they didn't show up in Axe-Edit. I'll bet if you had used the front panel, you would have found them all there. If stuff doesn't show up in Axe-Edit, the refresh icon is your friend. :)

Thanks Rex
It was def part unix catch and part u and chris pointin me in the right direction
All backed up in fractal bot now

Question: why does it save 1024 blocks or something when we only store 511 presets?
I know they arent the same but i know the numbers are doubled so is there a correlation between 511 presets, and 512kb?

Thanks Rex
It was def part unix catch and part u and chris pointin me in the right direction
All backed up in fractal bot now

Question: why does it save 1024 blocks or something when we only store 511 presets?
I know they arent the same but i know the numbers are doubled so is there a correlation between 511 presets, and 512kb?
The 1024 you were seeing was probably user cabs. 512 presets, arranged in 4 banks of 128, 2048 user cabs in 2 banks of 1024.

Yes it was 4 banks i did, you guys really know this machine well!
So even if the banks of presets are full but the UI aren’t because they use sometimes the same banks, it wont always/ever be the same amount , i assume (i realize hypotethiallly if it were 1:1: but its not the case really, so I’m just asking for learning)

...i know the numbers are doubled so is there a correlation between 511 presets, and 512kb?
Not really. But there are actually 512 presets, when you count Preset 0. As it turns out, 512 is a convenient number to work with when you're doing binary arithmetic. Kind of like 100 is a convenient number when you're doing decimal arithmetic. That's why you'll often run into 512 KB, 512 GB, and 512 presets.

Yes it was 4 banks i did, you guys really know this machine well!
So even if the banks of presets are full but the UI aren’t because they use sometimes the same banks, it wont always/ever be the same amount , i assume (i realize hypotethiallly if it were 1:1: but its not the case really, so I’m just asking for learning)
You're overthinking it a bit. :)

There are 128 presets in a bank of presets, and 1024 cabs in a bank of cabs. 128 and 1024 are also convenient numbers when you're doing binary arithmetic.

Another way to back up all presets is to export them individually as single presets.

Tedious as hell unless you know the trick: go to the preset manager window and select all that you want to export, then right click and choose the export option. It takes a while to do them all, but then you can restore individuals without wiping everything else in that bank out, or restore it to a different preset number if you want.

I backed up all the factory presets so that I could clear them out an have room for my own....

Last edited:
What i did was, I loaded ALL the presets I liked, all the packs, and all the cabs, and that was it, i did a backup of all the banks
Then I put that backup from the robot on a USB stick
No more worries , right boys ;) lol

Back
Top Bottom