Is there a screen protector for Axe FX 3 Available in Europe?

Tannhauser

Inspired
I'm tempted to just get a phone screen protector and cut it down to size, but wondered if anyone here had a suggestion for where I can get one or even a specific product?

I know some people have perspex shields that go over the entire front of the unit, including the controls, but I'm under the impression they're not available in europe (I don't really want to import one, even if they're really, really good. ).

Curious why you want one for the FX III.

A screen protector for phones basically has two uses - protecting the display from scratches if you put your phone into the same pocket as your keys / loose change / etc, and providing a bit of structural integrity and protection against fractures to the glass in case you drop the phone. The Axe FX hopefully shouldn't get dropped, but as it has a plastic screen cover and no glass, the structural integrity part is irrelevant. That only leaves protection against random scratches, which doesn't seem to be a big concern on the III unless you have a really interesting setup (for the FM3/9 it could make more sense). If it's purely for aesthetic reasons then I'd be more worried for other parts of the chassis, as most things which can scratch the plastic display would also leave a mark on the aluminum.

Curious why you want one for the FX III.

A screen protector for phones basically has two uses - protecting the display from scratches if you put your phone into the same pocket as your keys / loose change / etc, and providing a bit of structural integrity and protection against fractures to the glass in case you drop the phone. The Axe FX hopefully shouldn't get dropped, but as it has a plastic screen cover and no glass, the structural integrity part is irrelevant. That only leaves protection against random scratches, which doesn't seem to be a big concern on the III unless you have a really interesting setup (for the FM3/9 it could make more sense). If it's purely for aesthetic reasons then I'd be more worried for other parts of the chassis, as most things which can scratch the plastic display would also leave a mark on the aluminum.
When you get a new unit there is a protection on the screen, so probably it is something weaker than the metal parts you said.

Anyway, I was searching the protection for the FC-12 displays and once I was there on the store I decided to take the one for the Axe as well.

Many thanks for sharing this option from Skeen.
Do you have a picture of both AFX III and FC12 with the screen protector installed?

Sukh (@ZenRigs Man ) is a great guy, makes awesome products, and knows where to find some of the best food in London. I have his various gizmos all over my touring rigs, and they are fantastic.

+1 Sukh is THE MAN when you need FAS units accessorie. I’m a loyal customer since his first labels for MFC-101! Great quality and customer service!

Hey folks! While I go through and test links and do final checks - I'm pleased to announce the ZenRigs website is now OPEN for browsing! ZenRigs is now 100% Fractal focused and I'm excited to share some of the new bits I've been working on, including screen protection for the Axe-FX III

Store will be restocked on Tuesday but please go check it out in the meantime. Thank you!

www.ZenRigs.com

Back
Top Bottom