Is the FM3 reliable to you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brand new one just did it again, turned it on and scrolled to a preset, then frozen switches and screens.

Last edited:
Well i think the fm3 is reliable,I don’t do gigs ,but if I did ,I think I’d have a back up rig . You might want to bring an extra pack of strings too😀
i love how ppl start these threads and say nothing else just to get ppl going 🤡

Jinxed myself.... after posting I haven't had a freeze for some time..... my rig opened up frozen before my 3 church sets.

After some sweat and two reboots and I got through it fine... weird.

About 2 months of ownership with light use and zero issues. Most of my time still spent tweaking which means I would have noticed any odd behavior such as freeze. Received the FM3 with 3.01 installed and updated to 3.02 once it was available having ignored the beta.

I have been using my steadily on gigs since I got it back in November, both on guitar and bass. The only time I had an issue is when I stepped on two switches at once. A quick reset after the song and it was good to go.

If that can help: My FM3 froze few times at some point when I was scrolling between presets.

In the end the problem was that there was one extremely heavy CPU preset in the lot that was not “sustainable” for the FM3. So each time I was ending up loading that preset, even if it was just extremely quick while scrolling to another preset, it was making weird things.

Making sure to avoid that preset (it was the kitchen sink preset from Yek) solved the issue. I ended up deleting that preset and no issues since.

I've had a few hangs over various fw renditions. Always seems to center around cpu heavy presets or presets with a lot of modifiers. 3.x has all seemed better than my first go round but I've still had some hiccups.

Seriously? Way more than 5 users. Many have had freeze issues including myself. Has been better since a FW update a while back in my case. But it has been an issue and still is for some.

Pretty reproducible hang here if I enable the new tuner mode in 302, as documented.
I wish someone would confirm this is a bug, and, that Its not hardware.

If that can help: My FM3 froze few times at some point when I was scrolling between presets.

In the end the problem was that there was one extremely heavy CPU preset in the lot that was not “sustainable” for the FM3. So each time I was ending up loading that preset, even if it was just extremely quick while scrolling to another preset, it was making weird things.

Making sure to avoid that preset (it was the kitchen sink preset from Yek) solved the issue. I ended up deleting that preset and no issues since.

Looking over the some of the posts, one smoking gun seems to be driving the CPU to the brink. I converted some of my commonly used AxeFX III presets to the FM3, and (aside from reducing to once amp and cab), I didn't make any adjustments. A few of my crazier patches on the AxeFX III push the CPU to 80+ %, but once I drop to a single amp / cab, it's much lower. I might try bumping up some of the FM3 presets with more effect blocks, just to max the CPU percentage as a test.

For those who have had FM3 freezes: does it seem to occur when initially loading the preset, or when making changes within the preset (e.g., scene change, modifiers, controllers, expression pedals)? I use two expression pedals, and often change them both simultaneously (not always on purpose... clumsy feet). I could also hook up the computer and send a really large complex MIDI payload to see if that causes a problem. If there is a specific preset that consistently freezes, please post it.

Pretty reproducible hang here if I enable the new tuner mode in 302, as documented.
I wish someone would confirm this is a bug, and, that Its not hardware.

I just saw you posted this while I was writing. I'll try to repro this on my FM3. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom