Is the axe II really that much better than an ultra?

Is the only reason I bought the unit in the first place. It makes it much more pleasurable and I'm sure the 3rd party iPad versions do so even more. But often you just don't want to have a computer hooked up so the units own user interface should be good too.

Lol mate Wellcome to 21st century where laptops are present at the gigs and do all the custom automatisation.
IMO all these effect are rabbit hole effect... you could endlessly buy new gear every month just to not be outdated and that would cost a fortune,
It's like with old PC it surely does its job but not as efficient as new one due to new technology there is analogy with your Standard it's a great piece of gear same as ultra or II but that was original design which is outdated and im talking about processor.

This thread explains pretty well why I still have my tube amps and use a Standard, either standalone or in the loop. No matter the firmware or whatever the heck, my tube amps sound just as "dynamic" and "smooth" as they did a decade ago. I don't need yet another upgrade treadmill. Standard is still pretty awesome, and where it falls short, I have my heads and 4x12's. That said, if you're just getting into the game now, Axe II certainly makes a ton more sense.

Frustated

The main difference for me is the fact that my Ultra works stable and my FX2 keeps freezing under 5.07.
Fractal Audio seems not to care about solving known issues quickly. Instead they prefer to work on new features and let all users with problems wait until "very soon".
Really frustating.

The main difference for me is the fact that my Ultra works stable and my FX2 keeps freezing under 5.07.
Fractal Audio seems not to care about solving known issues quickly. Instead they prefer to work on new features and let all users with problems wait until "very soon".
Really frustating.
Dig up some FAS history regarding fixes. You're not the only one who's run into bugs. Wait for 6.0. Then report any bugs that you run into. Frustration gets you nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom