Is my Ultra dead or just overheated ?

konken

I have had my Ultra for quite a while and there has not been any problems with it, until today. After a short break in the rehearsel, I powered up the unit again and the unit did not power up again. It has been sitting on the top of a power amp all the time, but I thought maybye this time it overheated some way. If so how long does it take to "cool" the unit down again. I quess there is some kind of protection built into it. I have taken the unit out of the rack, opened the box to see if the fuse was blown. I have waited for half an hour, but still no life. Is there anybody out there who has any ideas or is it straight to the postoffice and shipping to G66.........I was supposed to use it on thursday buhu

I have had my Ultra for quite a while and there has not been any problems with it, until today. After a short break in the rehearsel, I powered up the unit again and the unit did not power up again. It has been sitting on the top of a power amp all the time, but I thought maybye this time it overheated some way. If so how long does it take to "cool" the unit down again. I quess there is some kind of protection built into it. I have taken the unit out of the rack, opened the box to see if the fuse was blown. I have waited for half an hour, but still no life. Is there anybody out there who has any ideas or is it straight to the postoffice and shipping to G66.........I was supposed to use it on thursday buhu
You didn't say whether you ran the usual routine to isolate the problem... are you sure about the integrity of the electrical outlet, power bar, extension cord, electrical cord? Are you certain power reaches the Ultra?

You also didn't say whether anything at all lights up on your Ultra when you attempt to power it up... or does it behave as if there was no power at all?

Assuming you checked all of the above, the only thing I would suggest (before contacting support to ship it back) is to take the cover off and look inside, just in case a simple connector has accidentally disconnected. Other than that, it's Fractal Support, I'm afraid.

Thx for the answer, I have of course tried different powercords. Electrical outlet is a non issue and the power is coming in to the Axe-Fx. There are no lights on the unit and as I was saying in the above message, I have checked the fuse sitting on the trafo inside the unit. Ran a quick check on the connectors, so now I quess my only option is to contact G66.

Well the Ultra is "online" again. What it was that were wrong.....don't know. I just disconnected the fan and tried to switch it on and it was okay. Connected the fan and it was still okay. Played it a couple of hours and it seems to be ok. Strange things happens in the axe world.

I think is a matter of too many chords and notes over the last 3 years. There is a limit for how much it will play, then you have to send it in for resetting. Luckly for me...I know where the secret switch is. Also heard about a russian software that resets the Ultra. Don't think there is a version for the standard.

It simply ran out of notes....Had to wait until it downloaded more using the secret built in internet wi-fi.

The question is now whether it has downloaded the RIGHT notes...Mine seems to have downloaded all the flubbed ones... :D

Back
Top Bottom