Is my LF+ Pro+ defective or am I defective?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
My LF+ Pro+ arrived almost 2 weeks ago on Thursday December 11 and I haven't made much progress with it. I have contacted support but they stopped replying and even when they did reply, they didn't explain things from start to finish and seem to start explaining just the last few steps. Also, I have RTFM and watched the YouTube videos but they seem to be outdated bc my Pro+ and Editor have settings I can't find in the manual or in the videos.

Does the LF+ Pro+ have a sync function similar to Fractal Audio's MFC-101 TotalSync?

What's the difference between: (Page numbers are from the LF+ Manual v1.68 )
Auto-Program Wizard (Editor Utilities)
External Device Sync (Editor Utilities)
WIZARD Programming: AXE-FX II (Editor Utilities)
External Device Control (Direct Mode) / External Dev Control p.36, 37, 57, 69
Auto-Load p.37, 69, 77
Direct Control Mode p.77
External Auto-Load p.84
External Device Load p.84?
IA Slot External Device p.64, 69

==========

Here's my setup:
Axe-Fx II Mark I (AF2) with FW 17.02, Factory Presets and settings reset to Factory Defaults
LF+ Pro+ (LFP) with FW 4.10 reset to Factory Defaults, LF+ Editor v4.11 (LFE), LF+ Manual v1.68
HP Compaq 6730b Laptop (LT) with Windows 7 Pro SP1 32bit

LFP is connected with the Power Adapter and USB cable that came in the box but I have tried other USB2 cables
LFP USB is connected to LT USB2 port (I have tried all 4 USB2 ports)
LFP MIDI Out is connected with a 5 PIN MIDI cable to AF2 MIDI In (I verified all 5 pins are connected)
When I press the LFP Preset foot switches, the AF2 responds and changes presets
LFE sees the LFP is connected and the LFP screen says it's in Editor Mode
In the LFE I selected: Utilities > Auto-Program Wizard > Sync device Type: Axe-FX II > Sync MIDI Chan: Chan 1 > Preset Start: 001 > Preset End: 382 > Tap/Tuner Button #: 24 > All other settings left at defaults
- I get "FAMC ERROR (031-0): Restart LF+ Editor Program For safety. Please Email FAMC with the Error Code."
- I rebooted the LFP and LT
- Tried to do another Auto-Program Wizard but get a different error "FAMC ERROR (005-0): Restart LF+ Editor Program For safety. Please Email FAMC with the Error Code."
- I rebooted the LFP but this time it booted to Song Mode with song names ?????, so I did a Factory reset
- Tried to do another Auto-Program Wizard and get error "FAMC ERROR (005-0): Restart LF+ Editor Program For safety. Please Email FAMC with the Error Code."
- I rebooted the LFP but this time it booted to Song Mode with song names 11111, so I did a Factory reset again

==========

On 12/17 I created a support ticket: Ticket #850695

12/17/2014 7:47 pm
FAMC,

I keep getting the below error when trying to do an Auto-Program Wizard with my Axe-Fx II Mark I. I have it set to do all 384 presets.

FAMC ERROR (031-0): Restart LF+ Editor Program For safety. Please Email FAMC with the Error Code.

Please let me know what needs to be donw to resolve this issue.

Thanks

12/17/2014 7:49 pm Tyler Tyler
Which version of editor? Which OS are you running?

Thanks.

12/17/2014 8:06 pm
The Editor is v4.11. LF+ Pro+ came with firmware v4.10. OS is Windows 7 SP1 32bit.

Now I'm getting the error below after rebooting my PC and LF+ Pro+ but if I make manual changes in the editor, I am able to sync to and from w/o errors:
FAMC ERROR (005-0): Restart LF+ Editor Program For safety. Please Email FAMC with the Error Code.

Also, what is the difference between Auto-Program Wizard, External Device Sync and WIZARD Programming: AXE-FX II ?

Thanks,

12/17/2014 8:28 pm Tyler Tyler
Auto program wizard is kind of a waste really. Its just there for legacy reasons.

If you run the program wizard it will set all the major items for the axe fx. There is a video on youtube if you click the youtube link on top of our web page.

Once that is done, you would just need to check global settings, and then setup your pages to function the way you want.

If you set your presets to sync in real-time, then all you need to do is change presets and it will update the IA's and preset name live. If you set the global setting to "save IA states and preset names", then it will save the "sync" in real-time. So the auto-program isn't really needed anymore.

Will check on the error msg and let Jeff know. Will then report back to you.

12/22/2014 5:07 pm
Any update on how to resolve FAMC ERROR (031-0) and FAMC ERROR (005-0) ? Also, I had an issue where when I powered on my LF+ Pro+ the characters show 1's or ?'s. I had to do a Factory reset to make it work again.

Can you please explain in more detail or tell me what page in the manual to read or the URL to a video, so I can setup my LF+ Pro+ with my Axe-Fx II Mark I, so it does realtime sync? My Axe-Fx II has firmware 17.02 and is reset to factory settings. I've read the LF+ manual and watched the videos but they seem to be outdated and are missing menus that the hardware and Editor have. I really don't want to have to return the LF+ Pro+ but at this point I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's defective.

Thanks,

==========

Last edited:
I just submitted a new FAMC ticket: Ticket #601084. My previous ticket was Ticket #850695. Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks for making a video!

Jeff from FAMC called me today and confirmed my LF+ Pro+ is defective. Display 19 has dead pixels in all of column 5 and it has a few other issues. He's paying for the return shipping and will ship me a new and tested LF+ Pro+ as soon as he receives mine back.

He also answered all of my questions and confirmed that the manual and videos are outdated. There was no possible way I could have figured out how to program the LF+ Pro+ without Jeff's help. Hopefully FAMC updates their manual and videos, so customers won't be so confused.

The LF+ Pro+ is really easy to setup to control the Axe-Fx II and sync in real time and pretty much works just like the MFC-101 TotalSync. The only extra step compared to the MFC-101 is that you have to select what FX you want assigned to what IA Slots and footswitchs (Page Function) which took me less than 15 minutes. Once I get my LF+ Pro+ replacement, I'll share my Sysex files.

Back
Top Bottom