Is my flightcase model and preset configuration possible?

leslie1975

Hi all, while waiting for my FC12 to arrive i made this attached plan for a flightcase.

I was wondering is this is realistic?
And if the configuration is possible?

Here what i'm thinkin' about: (The functionality modes switching (3 modes) is meant by using the external footswitches) Look at the functions written above/beside the switches. (colors are green-black-magenta)

Lookin' forward on your comments, tips and opinions.

ps: Dimensions are in mm (EU)

The two external footswitches are Laney FS2 connected with a trs cable, and the expressions are two Ernie balls JR 25 K OHM connected with Y cables.

(I also wonder if the FC12 has predrilled holes in the feets to attach it to a case with a screw? I can't find that info how to properly attach it anywhere)

FC12 case, dimensions and configuration- leslie.png

You know the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words? About that... the problem is that the picture may not be saying the words you want or mean to say. I think that may be the case with your picture. I am sure your diagram makes perfect sense in your own head, the problem is the rest of us are not in your head with you. Without out some explanation or description to add context to your picture, your intent is clear as mud (at least to me).

What are you trying to accomplish? Try to provide words in addition to the picture so we can understand things... like what do you mean by “modes”. There are no modes in FC layouts, so this is a paradigm that you have created and you need to explain what you are trying to accomplish with your modes concept.

What I think you are saying is that you want to toggle between different layouts with an external switch where your “modes” represent different layouts, but given the lack of context, I could be misreading your intent. Try adding words that describe how your diagram would function.

Yes, I'll try to explain more for you:

EXT controller functions:

SCENE/BASIC : Changes the layout between Scene mode and basic mode
TOGGLE/BASIC: Changes the layout between Toggle and basic mode
BOOST: BOOST = Filter block toggle (+ 4 DB)
TUNER: TUNER ON/OFF

Than i would want to use 3 layouts on the FC12 as noted per color/per mode in the drawing. (GREEN= TOGGLE LAYOUT / BLACK = BASIC LAYOUT / MAGENTA = SCENE LAYOUT) The picture should clarify the individual functions enough.

I hope this is clear enough.

I would also like to mention that i prefer single clicks, not a press and hold function. (Maybe that is a bit the force of habit using the MFC101 on my axe 2 and i should start thinkin' different about that). I have the idea single click work more logical and faster.

You are starting to answer your own question. The three different modes (Basic, Scene, and Toggle) would each be a Layout on the FC.

You could use the external switches to navigate to the different layouts. This is where you run into a snag. There unfortunately is not is not a Layout Toggle button function. To do what you want, you would have to use a hold function on the Scene/Toggle and Basic/Toggle switches.

You might be able to add a wishlist request for a Layout Toggle function to get you to 100% of what you want to do.

Okay, that was what i thought. I hoped i was wrong and the external switches could be programmed like that. But than 2 hold functions will do till it's possible. Thanks for your comments!

Back
Top Bottom