Is Liquid Foot still in business?

I think the unit is very hip looking, but I prefer a more "traditional" rectangle form factor with a button layout that places all the buttons flat on the top surface of the board.

Some folks like colonial style homes .. some like modern style homes .... I fall into the traditional/colonial style camp.

solo-act said:
LVC said:
xrist04 said:
Look more deeply at the Gordius Little Giant. It's way flexible.

Checked it out -- However, I am not crazy about the form factor. Also it does not have a MAC editor.
I happen to have a cheapo old PC with XP on it. It'll tide me over till the mac editor.
If you have an intel mac, boot into windows & you're good to go.

Form factor is a preference thing. I wasn't sure how I'd like the form factor, but compared to the midimate I gigged with, the LG is a dream. If you HAVE to have 4 rows of 4 buttons you're outta luck, but the LG can have as many IA's as you want. I have a setup for looping that puts 24 IA switches and 8 preset switches at my feet all in one bank of 10 switches.

LVC said:
Ventanaman said:
michaelconnor said:
Liquid Foot is most assuredly in business. A major reason for the slow responses and support would be that Jeff is a one-man operation, with a day job and family.

I'm sorry, but as a business owner myself, that is no excuse for the lack of communication over the past 3 months....

from the forum

" To all,

I had received messages that some non-owners of Liquid-Foot where not getting PM's replied too timely.

Allow me to first say that anyone with a Liquid-Foot gets a call from me whenever they have requested one. I try to reach people according to their schedules and I am not aware of any complaints (yet )

As a former owner, I call bullshit.

Reddy Kilowatt said:
LVC said:
I had received messages that some non-owners of Liquid-Foot where not getting PM's replied too timely.

Allow me to first say that anyone with a Liquid-Foot gets a call from me whenever they have requested one. I try to reach people according to their schedules and I am not aware of any complaints (yet )

I agree ... when the bullshit gets this deep -- no amount shoveling is going to help -- the stench will linger forever

LVC said:
Reddy Kilowatt said:
LVC said:

I agree ... when the bullshit gets this deep -- no amount shoveling is going to help -- the stench will linger forever

+1

What he´s saying in his forum, is, basically, that if you´re solely interested in buying the LF, or even if you are a potential buyer, you will never get a response. Gimme a thousand dollars in advance, then I´ll start answering your emails. Thanks, mate, you can stay in your sea of crap, I don´t care ´bout your precious answer.
I´ll stick with my Behringer controller, until FAS releases the ultimate controller for the Axe-Fx. Cliff surely knows better how to make a fantastic product, and listens to his loyal customers :)

damn............ harsh............... I still want to believe he's doing everything he can, I know it sounds like excuses, but he just seems like an enthusiastic guy who just tries to take on too much all at the same time. If this is a side business its priority probably falls after family first then primary job second, and small business third. I know thats not in the best interest of his customers, and his customers deserve to be well informed but I doubt he had any idea that it would take off like this, but ultimately its your decision to buy his controller and put up with waiting. Its possible that a business that takes priority after job and family has extenuating circumstances that I don't understand, to be honest I have no idea how he's done as much as he has without it being detrimental to his his other priorities. When fractal was young and more or less a one man operation waiting was the norm, I've heard stories of being on a wait list for well over a year for a product that was already developed. Food for thought all IMHO yadayadayada

Yeah, I'm getting a upset with LF. I LOVE my liquid-foot... but I've been waiting 4-5 months on my power supply. I've been using my POD's power supply, but I can't sell my POD until I get that adapter.

Sidivan said:
Yeah, I'm getting a upset with LF. I LOVE my liquid-foot... but I've been waiting 4-5 months on my power supply. I've been using my POD's power supply, but I can't sell my POD until I get that adapter.
You can get a 9VAC power adapter at Radio Shack. Alternatively you could get a line6 adapter at any online music retailer e.g. sweetwater.

this is NOT and I repeat NOT about waiting for a product to be produced or delivered.

It is about disrespecting people.

1) If someone takes the time to write you an email about your product ... I think it is common courtesy to reply to that email.
2) If someone orders your product I think you owe it to them to tell them when they expect to receive it
3) If someone emails you inquiring about a product they ordered -- you should respond to that person

there is no excuse for the above --- I am sorry.

What makes matters even worse -- is that the lack of communication goes on for months. emails go unanswered. Nothing ... NADA.

Builders get away with this nonsense in the "boutique" marketplace and LF certainly qualifies as a "boutique" product.....

However a lot of these "boutique" garage shops go out of business when a "company" steps in to fill that need with a similar product, at a better price point and better customer management.

with the pending release of the Fractal unit -- I would be very hesitant to buy one of this guy's product.

I am sure the new Axe controller will be released with a new firmware upgrade for the Axe as well as with a new editor -- which mostly likely will turn smart midi boxes (like the LF) into dumb boxes overnight.

Question is ... with LF's track record ... who the hell would want to take a chance on one of their products with the imminent release of the FAS controller so close? Imagine the frustration when your new LF does not work with the Axe and your support request emails go unanswered.

jhuggins said:
damn............ harsh............... I still want to believe he's doing everything he can, I know it sounds like excuses, but he just seems like an enthusiastic guy who just tries to take on too much all at the same time. If this is a side business its priority probably falls after family first then primary job second, and small business third. I know thats not in the best interest of his customers, and his customers deserve to be well informed but I doubt he had any idea that it would take off like this, but ultimately its your decision to buy his controller and put up with waiting. Its possible that a business that takes priority after job and family has extenuating circumstances that I don't understand, to be honest I have no idea how he's done as much as he has without it being detrimental to his his other priorities. When fractal was young and more or less a one man operation waiting was the norm, I've heard stories of being on a wait list for well over a year for a product that was already developed. Food for thought all IMHO yadayadayada

That's true, and fair.... and I understand where you are coming from. I wish liquid foot had greater support for their product because I don't think by any means "smart boxes will become dumb overnight" or that liquid foot will become non-existent after FAS product is released. The liquid foot and gordius can do almost anything you can dream up for a midi controller and that won't change overnight with the release of a new one from fractal. However I believe both units have their place, the jr. is a great small format mixer that has exceptional routing capabilities at a competitive price point, and the pro is bigger than the mfc will be with a slightly different layout. So while I agree with you too a point, and understand the value of customer service, I think there still is a possibility for circumstances unknown to the consumer that could explain all of our questions. And as far as "the mfc coming out so soon" I've felt that way for the year and a half i have been following this forum, I have no idea what "soon" means so I will refrain from commenting on that until I have a solid date of release. My biggest drive for holding out for the fractal controller is as shallow as that I would prefer all my equipment say fractal as I have so much love for this company, by the way when are we getting our T-shirts cliff!!! :lol:

IMO.. regardless of communication issues it's really not wise to try to order a new LF right now anyway, if you can possibly hold out. Soon enough ;) you'll be able to choose between a new Fractal MFC or a used LF (there's bound to be a few guys who will dump their LF for the MFC option once it materializes).

The upcoming lull in new LF orders might allow him to get caught up and organized, or possibly he'll just quit and say "thanks everyone, it was fun while it lasted". We'll see I guess, but I hope he hangs in there. I think there's lots of room in the market for more controllers. This will be a growth market for many years with more and more guitarists turning to modelling rigs now that the tech is REALLY here. (Axe-Fx and Eleven Rack are just the beginning)

jhuggins said:
So while I agree with you too a point, and understand the value of customer service, I think there still is a possibility for circumstances unknown to the consumer that could explain all of our questions.

doubt it --- just look at the LF Forum and go back a couple of years--- pretty scary. Same crap over and over and over and over.......

jhuggins said:
... as far as "the mfc coming out so soon" I've felt that way for the year and a half i have been following this forum, I have no idea what "soon" means so I will refrain from commenting on that until I have a solid date of release.

I am willing to be patient and wait on FAS --

a) solid company
b) always ahead of the curve
c) Management that understands who butters their bread .... namely their customers.

jhuggins said:
..... by the way when are we getting our T-shirts cliff!!! :lol:

XXX for me :mrgreen:

To add speculations to this thread I wonder if TC is hinting at something with this comment on their facebook page:

"TC Electronic: It seems like someone would love to see a floorboard with an expression pedal in our product range! Would you?"

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

tgunn said:
To add speculations to this thread I wonder if TC is hinting at something with this comment on their facebook page:

"TC Electronic: It seems like someone would love to see a floorboard with an expression pedal in our product range! Would you?"

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

They use to make the G-minor (not really appropriate for the Axe) --- but I can most definitely see them make a variation of their G-System as a controller.

It is only a matter of time ....

what still surprises the hell out of me is why Voodoo has not jumped all over this and really tried to make an Axe template for the GCP?

Great product ... built like a tank .... already embraced within the FAS community.

LVC said:
Question is ... with LF's track record ... who the hell would want to take a chance on one of their products with the imminent release of the FAS controller so close?

I'd very much like to think you're right, but I think we've learned that it's not over 'til it's over.

With the current situation, it seems like Cliff's window of opportunity is wide open and I hope he gets the controller to market to take advantage of that. I like free firmware updates as much as the next guy, but it seems like finishing up the MFC would drive more revenue than a firmware update would in the short term.

Anyway, as a consumer, it's good to have choices and it's a shame that LF has relegated itself to not really being a viable choice. Apart from the difficulty in obtaining one, users need to have some confidence that the vendor will be there should they need support or repair.

Go with the Gordius products. Have the LG (now upgraded to LG2) myself. Stellar support from Xavier and one fantastic controller. It can do everything you want and will not be locked to AFX specific tasks and switches. Check out the vids Xavier has posted in the forum here.

I just cancelled my LFJr order. I placed it in Jan. and despite multiple attempts to contact Jeff, the only correspondence that I got from him was my initial order confirmation. I was patient for three months. Unfortunately, I cannot buy a product made by someone who chooses to ignore multiple requests for info. I'm an owner of three companies and I have a family with two kids. I understand the demands of time that can be difficult to meet. To me, you either do something or you don't. No half-hearted attempts.

I ordered a Gordius. It's lots of $, but there has been a constant presence by the owner in this and other forums. I've seen nothing but compliments regarding his responsiveness and I got a confirmation email within hours of my order. He expects it to ship before the weekend. It does everything that I want and lots more. I'm looking forward to it.

I wish Jeff the best of luck. It's hard to struggle and I've done plenty of that in my life. It would be beneficial for him to get a person to help with simple communications.

LVC said:
what still surprises the hell out of me is why Voodoo has not jumped all over this and really tried to make an Axe template for the GCP?

Great product ... built like a tank .... already embraced within the FAS community.

The same goes for Rocktron. The All Access is still a great midi controller but they are not doing an Axe related updates. If I am not mistaken the AA doesn't even sync up with their products.

brokenvail said:
LVC said:

The same goes for Rocktron. The All Access is still a great midi controller but they are not doing an Axe related updates. If I am not mistaken the AA doesn't even sync up with their products.

all Access is another sexy beast ---

Well hopefully the sexiest beast of all will be riding the little brown truck to my home in the very near future!

Heater said:
I just cancelled my LFJr order. I placed it in Jan. and despite multiple attempts to contact Jeff, the only correspondence that I got from him was my initial order confirmation. I was patient for three months.

I ordered a Gordius. It's lots of $, but there has been a constant presence by the owner in this and other forums. I've seen nothing but compliments regarding his responsiveness and I got a confirmation email within hours of my order. He expects it to ship before the weekend. It does everything that I want and lots more. I'm looking forward to it.

I wish Jeff the best of luck. It's hard to struggle and I've done plenty of that in my life. It would be beneficial for him to get a person to help with simple communications.
I too wish the best for Jeff, but I am getting real close to this state of mind as well. I know he has had issues with QC from some of his suppliers, but at the end of the day I need a floor controller with a small foot print and highly programmable. I will probably wait until the first week of May and get the LG2 if the MFC is not released.

LVC said:
brokenvail said:
LVC said:

all Access is another sexy beast ---

Well hopefully the sexiest beast of all will be riding the little brown truck to my home in the very near future!

I hear you! :D

Back
Top Bottom