Is it possible to use a pedal as just an on/off for a modifier

guitarjim

Experienced
Hi guys,

I have another newbie question. I'm using an HD500 with two pedals until the MFCs arrive. I have a patch that uses External 2 for a wah set to autoengage (what a friggin great feature that is). The wah is only used for a lead and at the same time, I would like to engage a second amp. I would like to have the amp engage when the wah does, but not to react to the sweep of the wah. Just on when the wah engages and off when the wah disengages. Otherwise, I have to tap dance and click a switch real fast before I engage the wah. I messed around with the modifier settings, but didn't have any luck. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Why dont you use the toe switch on the HD 500 to switch on/off the wah/Volume?

You could also have the amps wah set for the same CC on the AXE.

You could use scenes to get it done.

AAEN

That would work in theory. A lot of people on this forum have been saying that they've had trouble with pedal switch so I wanted to avoid it if possible. Also, I've set up the onboard pedal for volume, although I could change that. The autoengage feature is just so nice that I wanted to use it if I could.

I'll have to look into scenes. I've only had my Axe for 3 days and haven't gotten into scenes at all yet.

put a volume block in front or behind the second amp. set it to bypass using the same cc as your pedal with autoengage on. make sure bypass mode is set to "mute"

To have the amp engage & disengage exactly when the wah does, you need to use the same autoengage settings on a parameter other than bypass in the amp block (or another block like volume before/after but it's not really needed here).

Assign External 2 as modifier source for amp balance.

Set the modifier min/max to 0.0, or start/end to 50%. This will keep the balance control centered the entire time. If you don't want it centered, set min/max to the desired value instead.

Use the same autoengage & off val. settings as in the wah block.

Back
Top Bottom